The Stable Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stable Cafe

Three quarters of a mile from where we stayed in Cornwall is Trethias Farm who have just opened a cafe in an old stable calling it, reasonably enough, The Stable Cafe.

All food is cooked onsite and gluten free (proprietor Lindsay is a coeliac) and, following an excellent pasty decided to book up for one of their pizza nights.

We were joined by Lindsay and husband Leroy and Lindsay's sister Beccy (who cooked that night):
    IMG_7982 by John Leah, on Flickr

Beccy's nice smile:
    IMG_7983 by John Leah, on Flickr

A postscript is that the cafe lacks a drinks license but is happy with BYO but after walking the three-quarters of a mile there my wife said "oh, I've forgotten the wine!" It was muggins here who had to walk back to get it! Still, it was a good night and from their decking is where I took the Tryarnon Bay Sunset shots already posted.

Cheers,
    John

Re: The Stable Cafe

looks like a nice friendly place. How was the pizza?

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

My pizza was the 'steak and blue cheese' and it really was sublime as was my wife's 'Roast Mediterranean Vegetables'. The boys (age 10 and 12) went traditional with Margarita that, considering the speed with which their plates were cleared, must have been good too

A big smile came from the toilet door having an old-style thumb latch fitted to maintain the stable theme but neither grandson had seen these before resulting in both getting 'locked in the lavatory' and needing to be released (eventually)

Cheers,
      John

Comment

steak and blue cheese pizza now that seems an odd combination - I do like the portrait of Beccy, nice shot
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Both very nice John
          Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
          EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Thanks Folks

Beef and Stilton pasties are actually quite common here and they do go well together

Cheese
            John

Comment

Working...
            X