Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Cream

The wife and I went to the 20th Annual Riverside Arts Festival. While walking around, I noticed these two young ladies taking photos of their Ice Cream Cones.

Ice Cream by tesarver, on Flickr

Camera 5DMKIII w/EF 24-105mm F/4L

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Ice Cream

I'm not certain it works as a stand alone picture but would form part of a set telling the story of the festival. You may wish to consider cropping the lhs to tighten the focus of the on the two ladies

Comment

right place now Tom and it works well for me

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Nice and sharp Tom. I like it. Tells it's own story.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by taxboy View Post
          I'm not certain it works as a stand alone picture but would form part of a set telling the story of the festival. You may wish to consider cropping the lhs to tighten the focus of the on the two ladies
          Thanks Taxboy for your suggestions, but for me, it tells a story w/o the context of the festival. It's a story of two friends excited over their cones and wanting to share the experience they are having together with their friends on Facebook. I choose to keep it in color, then BW because of the color of the Ice Cream. As for the crop, I did crop it on the left side to where I felt it did not comprise the story.

Thanks Stan & Nat for stopping by and commenting.

Comment

Nice capture Tom.
            Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Makes me want a nice ice cream with a couple of 99 flakes and some sprinkles on top.......so it's working for me
              Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Well captured Tom
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

There's nothing wrong with that Tom - it made me smile having recently been the recipient of just such an ice cream photo from my daughter who is holidaying in Italy.
                  John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks Derek, Jeff, Peter & John for stopping by and commenting

Comment

Well spotted and taken shot, I like it

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Nice one Tom.
                          Just thinking aloud, knowing that you like B&W for you street shots. if all B&W with the ice creams color popped.. maybe.. not sure tho.
                          David

Comment

Youth of today will take pictures of anything! nice shot Tom.
                            TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                              Nice one Tom.
                              Just thinking aloud, knowing that you like B&W for you street shots. if all B&W with the ice creams color popped.. maybe.. not sure tho.
                              Thanks for the suggestion David. I cannot lie, in that I did think about doing that, but then something in my head said, leave it as it is. So I did.

Thanks Wayne for stopping by

Comment

Working...
                              X