Rock Band Photo Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Band Photo Shoot

These are part of a shoot in a local pub for a band called Fallen Mafia. I used a Canon 5Diii, Yongnuo off-camera flashed (3 in total), Canon 24-70 2.8 mk1 and a Sigma 15mm Fisheye.
    Attached Files
    www.darklightdevice.com

Re: Rock Band Photo Shoot

the first is way to tame, the 2nd is much better and I would say an image that reflects the style and type of band
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I would echo Ian's Comments as well

Tom

Comment

Both good shots...plenty of attitude. ...I'd like to see the high res of the 2nd...the lead singers face looks touch too bright on my screen...but what do I know?!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely second for me, I think the slightly high key (blown highlights?) effect in the nearest face adds to the style and overall grunginess. I think the first needs to be a bit grainier or something, it just looks a tad warm, if that makes sense.
          The sort of band I'd have probably gone to see in my younger days but I doubt I am now their intended demographic.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
            Definitely second for me, I think the slightly high key (blown highlights?) effect in the nearest face adds to the style and overall grunginess. I think the first needs to be a bit grainier or something, it just looks a tad warm, if that makes sense.
            The sort of band I'd have probably gone to see in my younger days but I doubt I am now their intended demographic.
            The more I look at it. ..the more I agree...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

The first could be some people waiting for a bus and the flare is a bit distracting but the second definitely has the right amount of rock band attitude. Maybe take the highlights back a tad but still very nice although both would be a whole lot better were you to upload via Flickr as direct uploads always lose so much quality.

Pretty brave using a 15mm fish-eye for portraits I must say

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Working...
              X