Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welsh men at work - the painters (after Dave)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welsh men at work - the painters (after Dave)

I'm indebted to Dave for the idea of 'Men at work'. What a great idea - there's something both voyeuristic and intriguing about observing men at work.

These two were painting some railings in Swansea yesterday. You see how fascinating this forum is? Men painting railings. One step better than watching paint dry!

Kind comments welcome, and no, I don't know what colour paint they were using.

VOB EXIF data

Re: Welsh men at work - the painters (after Dave)

It does beg the question as to what (if anything) they were going to do about the shrubbery!

If they are council workers - I think we can guess the answer! The only thing that makes me think they may not be is that there isn't one just standing around - unless he was off-image!
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
      It does beg the question as to what (if anything) they were going to do about the shrubbery!
      Shrubbery? You must have been watching Monty Python http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbtcmjfKa8

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
      If they are council workers - I think we can guess the answer! The only thing that makes me think they may not be is that there isn't one just standing around - unless he was off-image!
      No, not off-image. This was shot opposite the Council City Hall, so if they were council men they were probably being spied on by a Quality Assessment Paint Operatives Coordination Project Leader... with a clipboard

Comment

Nice one Rob. – a word of warning though. Someone, somewhere down the line, is going to ask, "Why are you taking photographs of Men Working?". ...be careful how you answer.

...not another shrubbery?
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Someone, somewhere down the line, is going to ask, "Why are you taking photographs of Men Working?". ...be careful how you answer.
          I wanted to do "Women at work", but I couldn't find any female life-guards in bikinis. Life can be so cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
            I wanted to do "Women at work", but I couldn't find any female life-guards in bikinis. Life can be so cruel.
            How about Morfa Dyffryn, Gwynedd?
            Dave

Comment

How about Morfa Dyffryn, Gwynedd?
              And did you have a particularly rewarding experience there, Dave?

Comment

No, I couldn't find any female life-guards in bikinis either.
                Dave

Comment

No, I couldn't find any female life-guards in bikinis either.
                  Just as well. Some strange things happen when 'women' get out and about in Wales. Have a look at this video - the story was in yesterdays paper. Two thugs pick a fight with some blokes and get the better of them. They then swagger down the street and pick a fight with two 'women'. Notice how the blonde bends over very casually at the end to pick up her handbag and the thugs wander off dazed and confused. Priceless.

Use full screen mode (button in BR corner) for better view

Welcome to SwanseaOnline - your home for the best news, sports and what's on coverage of the city. Includes coverage of live breaking news in Swansea, weather forecasts, traffic and travel updates, police and crime information as well as the best things to do in the city including events, pubs and restaurants and family activities. Never miss a Swansea story with our daily newsletter Sign up to comment on our stories here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter | Swansea City news | Ospreys news | InYourArea
                  Last edited by carregwen; 07-10-2009, 07:30.

Comment

What a scream! That has to be the funniest thing I've seen for ages. Thanks for that.

I have a lot more respect for the Ladies of Wales now.

I love the bit at the end of the article too: "If you were one of the men dressed as women in this video, please call our newsdesk on 01792 514606"
                    Dave

Comment

We breed them tough in Swansea - the two "Ladies" were a pair of local cagefighters on their way to a fancy dress do. Talk about picking on the wrong pair !!!

jhdee
                      jhdee

Comment

Originally posted by jhdee View Post
                        We breed them tough in Swansea - the two "Ladies" were a pair of local cagefighters on their way to a fancy dress do. Talk about picking on the wrong pair !!!

jhdee

True enough. I go to Swansea a lot as it's just down the road, but I've never seen 'girls' like that. Maybe I need to go at the right time of day? I'd certainly be ultra-polite and open doors for them!

What was this thread about?

EDIT: An update on the story. http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/so...l/article.html

Do you think I ought to rename this thread 'Welsh women at work'?
                        Last edited by carregwen; 08-10-2009, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
                          Do you think I ought to rename this thread 'Welsh women at work'?
                          You need to check how the pair in your photo dress when they go out at night...
                          Dave

Comment

You need to check how the pair in your photo dress when they go out at night...

It's not impossible that they are the same two? After all, it was also Swansea. Perhaps by day they paint the town yellow, and by night they paint it red?

With blood...

Comment

I see from the story line: "a club-goer dressed as Spiderman appears from the queue and attempted to diffuse the situation..."

An interesting proposition - using an atomiser perhaps?

Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X