Dickens Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dickens Week

Nice one Brian, I like the treatment but wonder what it would look like with slightly less grain and a little more sepia?

Comment

The films are in black and white

I might try less grain - problem there is that too little grain and it becomes more modern
      ef-r

Comment

Personally I like the gran. Gives the photos their personality

Tom

Comment

Last picture of the week

ef-r

Comment

what is the significant' s of this image as in terms with Dickens.

Comment

This lady was a speaker at the Dickens Festival - seemed to be a lack of interest in Dickens specific photos so I thought a nice portrait might raise more interest
              ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                This lady was a speaker at the Dickens Festival - seemed to be a lack of interest in Dickens specific photos so I thought a nice portrait might raise more interest
                I think that your time and effort was wasted showing them on here Briansquibb, surely you have a photo site that you use where you can post these grate images and receive really helpful critique for what they are and deserve, I think this site is is based to much on equipment technology therefore swaying members to find fault with an image when there really isn't anything that needs altering, remember it all comes down to how happy you are with the outcome of your efforts.

anyway thanks for sharing them.
                Last edited by photome; 15-02-2012, 00:24.

Comment

This site is as much for passing ideas and techniques as it is getting critique on photos.
                  ef-r

Comment

All are very nice Brian. But I like the beautiful girl in blue. You get all the good ones to photograph eh? Must develop my fading charms- if I have any left!
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                      All are very nice Brian. But I like the beautiful girl in blue. You get all the good ones to photograph eh? Must develop my fading charms- if I have any left!
                      Nathaniel, just grow a beard

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                        Nathaniel, just grow a beard
                        and let your hair go wild....
                        David

Comment

Muscat/David, Will this help?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

love them all, but the last is very good.... has a real Dickensian flavour... Nr 2 also does it for me...
                            EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Thank you all - the CD I produced for them had about 150 photos, including 20 where I did some stills in the fashion of the 1947 file, Great Expectations
                              ef-r

Comment

Working...
                              X