Portrait. B&W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portrait. B&W

A photo of my wife, taken a few weeks back. I was trying to capture garden birds out of the patio doors hence the 70-200 with extender. Turned round to notice some beautiful light cast on my wife from the front window in the living room.

Some post processing on Aperture which I am still getting to grips with and this is the result.

60D, 1/200 @ f/5.6, ISO 400, 70-200 F4 L + 1.4 extender @ 109mm.

Lynds (1) by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Portrait. B&W

Very nice indeed

I think perhaps a square crop might help?
    ef-r

Comment

IMO think its a bit too dark. can hardly see the eyes. i find black and white images need good contrast to work well. but then if that's a specific look you were after thats a different story
      regards
      Donald

Comment

Looking at it at work and it does look a little dark, on my 27 inch mac at home I think it looks great. I may lighten it up slightly.
        Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

My missus also looks better in the dark. (only joking)
          I actually like this.

Comment

I would have to agree with Donald. IMO if the light was a bit brighter on the left site of her face it would be a much better image.

Tom

Comment

50p on the way for the meter

I am happy with it being dark
              ef-r

Comment

Working...
              X