Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laura

Not really into posed pictures - but I enjoyed doing this one

Two off camera flashes, both with 1/4 cto gel. One with 7ft umbrella pointing left to right, other with no diffusion, pointing slightly upwards to the head as a near rim light.

In PSE structure reduced to give dreamy, slightly soft focus look

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
    Lens: EF85mm f/1.8 USM
    Image Date: 2012-04-13 13:10:04 (no TZ)
    Focal Length: 85.0mm
    Aperture: f/6.3
    Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
    ISO equiv: 200
    Flash Fired: Yes (Auto, return light detected)

ef-r

Re: Laura

Nice image, good use of subtle lighting

Comment

Nice work, Brian. Your lighting set up really shouldn't produce something so natural looking. Lovely image.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
        Nice work, Brian. Your lighting set up really shouldn't produce something so natural looking. Lovely image.
        Thank you - the credit should go to the umbrella - it is just out of picture on the left and gives that lovely soft light, the orange gel warms it up nicely. I found this lighting arrangement in my book by Syl Arena. Being only 2 flashes it means that it is straight forward to walk around with
        ef-r

Comment

Really nice image Brian, love the model's pose and hint of a smile also

I have Syl's book too - really want to try some of the ideas, can I askl where dod you get your CTO gels?

Thanks

Ian
          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Lovely image though just one thing I find distracting is the shiny area to the side of her lips and chin otherwise excellent capture.

Comment

Originally posted by photome View Post
              Lovely image though just one thing I find distracting is the shiny area to the side of her lips and chin otherwise excellent capture.
              She is an actor and that is grease paint - I will see if I can lose it in pp
              ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by celtex View Post
                Really nice image Brian, love the model's pose and hint of a smile also

I have Syl's book too - really want to try some of the ideas, can I askl where dod you get your CTO gels?

Thanks

Ian
                Those are coloured Stophens
                ef-r

Comment

Nice one Brian, pity the carved letter on the door is an M and not an L for Laura

Comment

very lovely Brian. wish i was luckier with getting willing 'posers'
                    regards
                    Donald

Comment

Very nice image Brian, love the soft lighting, great pose, relaxed model.

Ray

Comment

I do zilch portraits and I know nowt anyway.... but I do like the lighting on this. Makes for a beautiful image imho. Hope she likes it.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

A nice moody pic Brian. I like is as it is.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Those are coloured Stophens
                            Ah, Thanks, I had seen those and wodered if they were any good - now I know, they are.
                            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Working...
                            X