In The Woods Festival 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In The Woods Festival 2012

Haven't submitted to this for quite a while so thought I'd share my latest batch. Mostly these are of people, but one or two may not be correctly located.

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to be allowed to shoot http://www.inthewoodsfestival.co.uk/ In The Woods Festival, which is an absolutely charming music festival in the Kentish woodland, showcasing emerging talent such as Alt-J and Laurel Collective. It was a day and night thing, but with so much lighting in the trees and on paths that a flash wasn't even necessary at 11pm (I've noted which ones used the flash). Huge recognition goes to the lighting experts on the stage; hopefully you'll see why! Enjoy, hope these go down well!

The Mad Hatter in front of the bonfire. 24-105mm L, w/flash

Cliché Bokeh shot, I'd seen it done before and it was on their website, so figured I'd replace the current one with my own. 50mm f/1.8, w/out flash

Dog Is Dead performing on stage. 50mm f1/8, w/out flash.

A London-based group called Fiction who posed for a photo. Briefly had time to arrange them, but the words "just scatter around" may have passed my lips. 10-20mm Sigma, w/ flash

Alt-J front-man performing to the crowds. 50mm f/1.8 w/out flash.

Alt-J front-man and bassist perform. Used the 10-20mm Sigma, w/out flash.

Crowd shot, showing just how charming this festival is. Used 10-20mm Sigma, w/out flash.

Another crowd shot, in colour this time, highlighting the drastic colours. Used 10-20mm Sigman, w/out flash.

A performer on the Laurel Stage. 24-105mm L, w/out flash.

Finally, I thought I'd need to produce something different for the event hosters, so did a series of colour-pops, this being one of the leading ones. 24-105mm L, w/out flash.

Hopefully these are all to your taste, and record nicely the weekend! A hard day and night of discovering the pure power of a higher-ISO! One or two weren't uploaded, and can be found on my flickr at http://www.bit.ly/huwjonesphotography.

Thanks!

Huw

Re: In The Woods Festival 2012

A good and interesting set Huw.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Excellent Set. Gives almost the feeling of being there. Thanks for sharing these.

Tom

Comment

Some great atmospheric shots, I would love to have been there and see it live.

DavidMorris

Comment

Very nice Huw.
          Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
          EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Different and well done.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Shows the atmosphere of the event really well, pick of the bunch HAS to be #2 very well taken

.DAVID.
              Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

All very nicely taken,in difficult lighting conditions.Thanks for sharing.

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Very nice shots. Can't pick a favourite but I think I like #1 a wee bit better. Thanks for sharing.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Forgot to come back to this, many thanks to you all for your comments, even managed to get this site tweeted by Blurb PR somehow! Same again next year hopefully!

H

Comment

Working...
                    X