Give us this day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give us this day...

Taken this morning at our local farmers market, took the 60D and committed myself by only taking the nifty fifty instead of my bag with other lens options. The smell from this stall was beautiful.

Canon EOS 60D, 1/1000 @ f/4, ISO 100, EF50mm f/1.8 II

Give us this day by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Give us this day...

Thats a really good shot............
    My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
    © JH Foto
    The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Very sharp with good detail. Speaks very highly of the nifty fifty. Nicely composed IMO. (Remember it is Harvest Sunday today!)
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Give us this day...

I can smell the bread from here.

Tom

Comment

i`m very curious on why you would chop the guys head off ?
          if you only wanted to shoot the bread,why didnt you fill the frame with the bread?
          i am not knocking the shot at all, its sharp and well exposed,its just that it has made the shot unusable for illustrating a "baker/farmer" at his stall.
          what was your thinking when you framed that shot? why did you decide to make the farmer/baker anonymous?
          apologies that this sounds so critical,its not meant to be,its difficult to make editorial sound inquiring but i am genuinely interested to know .
          Last edited by stephen g; 07-10-2012, 20:10.

Comment

I really like this Peter, you have captured the bread very nicely and cropping the baker's/seller's head brings the attention to the main subject, the bread loaves. Clever, I like that.
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by stephen g View Post
              if you only wanted to shoot the bread,why didnt you fill the frame with the bread?
              i am not knocking the shot at all, its sharp and well exposed,its just that it has made the shot unusable for illustrating a "baker/farmer" at his stall.
              what was your thinking when you framed that shot? why did you decide to make the farmer/baker anonymous?
              apologies that this sounds so critical,its not meant to be,its difficult to make editorial sound inquiring but i am genuinely interested to know .
              I took a few of just the bread and whilst I liked them, I liked this one more, the real intention was to just get the hands with the bread but I was limited for space, and focal range, moving closer meant I lost a lot of the bread, and further back captured too much of what was around, primes eh, advantages and disadvantages, this is full frame from the camera so not cropped. In the end I went for the lesser of the two evils really, a headless baker!

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

I like it without the head , I think if the head had been included my eyes would have been drawn to the bakers face rather than the bread.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen g View Post
                  Include the head - and it is a shot about a Baker
                  Shoot only the bread - and it is a shot about Bread
                  As shot here - it is a shot about a bakery - with the bread as the main focus and the baker playing a supporting role - adding to the story, shows more of what is going on but cleverly, IMO, keeps the focus directed to the bread

works for me - great shot

Ian
                  EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Works great for me too... all depends on the story you want to tell! Personally, I can never resist fresh-bread, and they all look b****y good!

The only thing that spoils it for me, and it's not something that can be controlled in these scenarios, are those horrible blue elf & safety surgical gloves that are worn today!!!!! What's wrong with a bit of bacteria? Who cares?

Lee
                    Cheers;
                    Lee
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                    5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                    17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks for the comments, it was about the bread and not the Baker, glad that has been picked up on. I seem to have a subconscious desire to remove heads from photos. Here's another!, do I need help?

EOS 60D, 1/60 @ f/1.8, ISO 100, EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Mystery Chef by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
                        I seem to have a subconscious desire to remove heads from photos.
                        Swoosh - the sound of the guillotine

I like artisan bread ... but I like it with hard cheese ... so can't have too much sadly.

Nice photo (headless or otherwise).

Comment

Sorry can't comment, off to the bakery. Lovely
                          Cheers
                          Treff

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
                            do I need help?
                            Probably but the photos are great.
                            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Love the bread shot. Agree the hands would be better with out the blue health and safety gloves, but you can't have everything.
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X