Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son

One of my Son captured unawares until he turned and caught me. Trying a few different things with post processing with Lightroom 4. I know its my son, but won't be offended by comments.

60D, 1/125 @ f/4, ISO 800, EF70-200 F/4L @ 98mm
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Son

Not sure the effect you were after, but I like the faded photo look that you did achieve. Also like the way you used the natural light to lighten the left side of his face.

Tom

Comment

I like how you've used the natural light. I'd be tempted to crop a little differently. But it boils down to the "look" you want from the photo.

I'd crop like this: which I know is not everyones cup of tea...

Came back to add: I'd also be tempted to smudge out the lines of the sofa, but leave the light and dark colour play, if that makes sense.

But please feel free to ignore. Already deleted from computer, will remove from here if you want
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DeeGee; 09-10-2012, 16:15.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Nice shot Swoosh !
        I must admit I think Di s' edit is great !

Fred D

Comment

I like it Pete. I like the colours.
          Graydon
          Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
          EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Thanks guys, like the crop Di, (happy for you to leave it, thanks for asking and showing an alternative) I was thinking of a tighter crop but wanted to keep the tone and colours I discovered completely by accident whilst messing about on Lightroom. Its not really like anything i have seen before. Saved the settings as a preset so may see how it works on other shots. I'm just pleased he dosn't mind too much me taking his photo, not told him I've posted it yet though, eek. Cheers.
            Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

I like the picture a lot. It could easily be used as an album cover for a band. It has that look about it. :)
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                I like the picture a lot. It could easily be used as an album cover for a band. It has that look about it. :)
                Yes, almost cinematic?
                Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Nice shot Peter, and nice soft effect.

I think this illustrates the point well, that the best portraits are the ones not posed for.

Regards Paul

Comment

I am not keen on the toning but the portrait and pose are good

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X