Heart Surgery for Alfie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart Surgery for Alfie

I know this is not the normal EOS Photograph we see on here, but it is one I wanted to see so very much and therefore wanted to share.

This is my 6 Month old Grandson, Alfie, taken today with a Mobile Phone, only 3 days after Open Heart Surgery.

As you can imagine, the last few days have been a bit of a worry.

Regards Paul

Re: Heart Surgery for Alfie

Paul; he is so small and unaware of what has happened.
    I sincerely hope that he now has a very bright future.
    My best wishes to you and your family.

Stephen
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Actually Paul, I couldn't even begin to imagine what the past few days have been like for you and your family. As I sit here with my 3 grandbabies sleeping upstairs the thought of what it would be like if one of them had such a serious operation as such gives me a feeling that I find hard to describe. But on the good note, it looks like he has came through surgery ok and I for one will keep him and your family in my prayers for a full recovery.

Blessings to you and your family

Tom

Comment

Hi Paul

As someone who's dad is currently in hospital after 3 heart ops in the last 2 months, I can understand the worry, and the relief of having a successful outcome. This is also the reason I haven't been as frequent a contributor on here for a while. Family comes first, every time.

It's absolutely fantastic what they can do, isn't it! I have the utmost respect for everyone involved in the operations, and post-op care, and hope you have had similar experiences.

I hope everything continues to progress nicely, and Alfie can be home with his family as soon as possible.

Thanks for sharing. All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Paul, as the others have said I truly hope that the worst is over for little Alfie, you and his family and that he is now on the rod to full recovery. Hopefuly being so young he will grow up with no side effects and can lead a perfectly normal life.

All the best
          Ian

Comment

Good luck little guy.
            Scott

500px flickr

Comment

HUGE hugs all around. What more can a guy say.

.DAVID.
              Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

A big op for such a little one and best wishes for his future

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has replied and sent good wishes, they are very much appreciated.

As you can imagine this last week has been somewhat fraught and very frightening.

However, I can update now and say that today they have allowed him to come home, I am amazed at his recovery, his operation was only on Tuesday and when I saw him on Thursday he still had an external Pacemaker fitted and a Canular for a drip.

The Surgeon said that the operation he has had would have meant that an adult would have been in bed for two weeks before being allowed to do anything, the recuperation power of the young is remarkable.

Thanks again to everyone.

Regards Paul

Comment

Excellent news Paul

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Heart Surgery for Alfie

Fantastic news Paul, hope the little mans recovery goes well.

Shane.

Comment

Just seen this. Sorry to hear that you and your family have had such a worrying time. However really glad to hear all is going well. He looks a lovely 'pink' and bonny chap in the photo.

Comment

on the news Paul.

Tom

Comment

Paul, I can understand all what the little kid has gone through and what the family must have been through. I went through one in 2000, a single vessel bypass. All good wishes to you and the family. Keep on praying.
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thank you for sharing. So glad to hear everything is going well.
                              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X