The Goths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goths

On our cruise, there were about 300 Goths who were also on a group cruise. During the Formal Night, they had a formal ball night and here are a couple of images:

Taken with a 5DMKII w/EF40mm f/2.8 STM

1/60 sec @ f/3.5, ISO 400 w/270ex Flash

1/60 sec @ f/2.8, ISO 400 w/270ex Flash

Comments Welcomed.
    Tom

Re: The Goths

Very nice as usual Tom.The lady in the second shot is too pretty to be a Goth anyway.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat for stopping by and commenting

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        Very nice as usual Tom.The lady in the second shot is too pretty to be a Goth anyway.
        Hey Nat, Goth's haven't got an exclusive on ugliness you know

Like both of these Tom, although the crop is a bit tight on the left in the 2nd.
        Last edited by Les McLean; 16-10-2012, 12:18.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

[QUOTE=Les McLean;108308]Hey Nat, Goth's haven't got an exclusive on ugliness you know

Les, I have always associated Goths with "ugliness" as generally they are made to look "terrible" and "vicious", and made to drive the daylights out of you!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

[QUOTE=Nathaniel;108309]
            Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
            Hey Nat, Goth's haven't got an exclusive on ugliness you know

Les, I have always associated Goths with "ugliness" as generally they are made to look "terrible" and "vicious", and made to drive the daylights out of you!
            How very dare you, my good wife is a Goth.

Only joking
            Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
            Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

The Goths

Thanks Nat & Les for the comments

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                Thanks Nat & Les for the comments

Tom
                Well Les, you nearly got away with it!!

Comment

My nearest contact with Goths is around Halloween time and even they are not the "real" ones, if you know what I mean.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                      On our cruise, there were about 300 Goths...
                      And my wife wonders why I won't go cruising...

Comment

Originally posted by Macro Meister View Post
                        And my wife wonders why I won't go cruising...
                        They were very nice people. Some were doctors, engineers, teachers, etc. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. Nothing to be afraid of.

Tom

Comment

Interesting shots Tom.

Each to their own and I understand that Goths are relatively harmless, but I do find it difficult to understand a section of society that walk around, looking as if they were dead!

Colin
                          Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                              Interesting shots Tom.

Each to their own and I understand that Goths are relatively harmless, but I do find it difficult to understand a section of society that walk around, looking as if they were dead!

Colin
                              Perhaps a secret wish??

Comment

Working...
                              X