Halloween Party snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Party snaps

Some Snaps from a halloween party I attended last night.

7D + 16-35 all ISO 800

Joker

IMG_1030 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Grey Couple

IMG_1053 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Freddie Trio

IMG_1092 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Dancers

IMG_1127 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Trev

Re: Halloween Party snaps

nicely exposed w/good white balance and color.

Tom

Comment

Wonderful stuff as ever from you Trev.

Comment

Excellent pics Trev. Very sharp,nicely detailed and very colourful. Thanks for sharing. Good tips for the future, for me
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

That was one hell of a party with superb costumes and photography to match.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Great images Trev
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

nice pics, well done Trev, someone made a fortune selling grey face-paint!
              EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Thanks very much for the comments. Tom,MX5, Nathaniel, Colin, Stephen, & Celtex
                It was a 25th wedding anniversary party with a Halloween theme. I didn’t know they’d go to s much trouble with the costumes.
                I got this job at short notice from a tog I have assisted a few times this summer. :-)

Trev

Comment

All good Trev, I note the ISO set at 800, I have watched other threads with interest in regard to noise and the 7D, have you done much work in PP for noise reduction with these?

Hope you don't mind the question

Regards Paul

Comment

Hope you don't mind the question
                    Hi Paul, feel free to ask me anything you want I'm only too pleased that people take an interest in my snaps :-)

I snapped over 150 pics I haven't seen any that I think the noise is a problem. I haven't used NR software.
                    There are some more on my flckr you can view at 1024px. I have a 5Dmk2 but It dosen't focus as quick / accurate as the 7D.

In this set I've shot quite a few images at 1/5 sec 2nd curtain flash the venue wasn;t that photogenic, so was trying to get more atmosphere from the ambint lighting.

Trev

Comment

Great photos, looks like a good time was had by all.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Fantastic set of portraits of people having loads of fun!

Richard
                        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thanks Di And Richard

Trev

Comment

I have gobbled up this comment of yours- yes the 5D MK2 "doesn'gt focus as quick.........7D". I know this now, and hence my using the 60d for fast focus/tracking etc- I like it's vari angle LCD screen. If not for this I'd have got the 7D myself!
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nathaniel I find the focussing on the 7D quicker, I can tell this as I've never seen the flash assist beam since I've been using the 7D
                              I'm not saying the 5D is rubbish, just not as good as the 7D

I was a liitle bit surprised how in terms of features and technolgy the 5Dmk2 is quite dated and how similar it is to the 40D in operation, and what you see through the view finder. It's quite noisy too (shutter sound), however that's not a problem for me.

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X