Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Band Photo shoot

Hi all,

Here are a couple of photo's from a shoot I done with a band called "Voodoo Nation" at the weekend in which I used a very basic wireless trigger for my very old Cobra 700AF flashgun.

I had reservations using it as the flash was not compatible with my EOS digital camera and so I couldn't vary the output of it and so had to rely on the camera manual settings and the good-old fashioned moving the flash closer or further from the subject trick! I was pleased with the results though and given the limitations of an old non-dedicated flash with cheap chinese triggers I would now really consider the Canon speedlite's and Pocket Wizards.

The shot of the drummer was a "grab shot" where I just threw in the flash on the floor under him and put a diffuser over the lens for the star effect. I noticed how reflective the chrome stands on the drums were so thought I would try for a 70's Top of the Pops look!

I'm going to use the trigger a lot more, at least until I can save up for the real gear!
    Attached Files
    www.darklightdevice.com

Re: Band Photo shoot

I like both of these; and I like the venue, looks intimate and moody. On the first one I like the pose it's just right, it's easy to 'cross the line' and end up cheesy poses.
    To get some control of that cobra flash
    You could experiment with homemade diffusers made from wax paper in the style of basic stofen diffusers, so they could easily be slid on onto the flash head. Pre calibrate them to decrease the flash output by half a stop each. Mark them up, and stick ‘em in your pocket.

Millie

Comment

Working...
    X