Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singers

Hi,
    here's a couple of pictures from last night. All ISO 1600 1/20 F2.8 + Flash.

3 - I prefer the B&W here is the one above in colour

Posted on a 'like em; or lump em' basis, however I welcome any views + comments.
    Thanks for viewing.

Millie

Re: Singers

Nice ones Millie,
    Agree with you on No 2, better in B&W. What lens?
    Last edited by hughbie; 13-02-2010, 23:08. Reason: typo

Comment

I agree No2 for me too.
      --
      Colin
      http://fotos-espana.com
      http://macameraclub.com
      http://turnspain.com

Comment

#2 for me too; although I think it works in both colour & B&W...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I think that less flash would add mood to the pictures - to me they are a bit newspaper-ish, especially #1 and #2 which could have come from the 60's
          Last edited by briansquibb; 14-02-2010, 23:42.
          ef-r

Comment

I'd have to pick the b&w version on 2/3 as well, I also prefer it to #1 which, to my untrained eye is just a little too busy. I'd have been happy to have taken any of them though!

Nigel
            My Flickr photostream

Comment

Bout time you posted something good, you lazy baggage!

Love No 2, with No 3 only marginally behind.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Wow 6 comments I think that’s a record for me – thanks very much. !

This was an evening of Drum ‘n’ Bass, to be honest I didn’t know what D’n’B was, not my cup of tea, must be getting old, the crowd seemed to love it. Left there with my ears ringing!

They all seemed hold the mic almost touching their bottom lip. Hard to get anything other than ‘mic in the face’ pictures.
                1 was taken in a darker area than 2 more ‘street’.

@Hugbie What lens? - I used my walkabout zoom lens 24-70
                @Nigel - Busy ? yes my excuse is the place was packed.
                @ Brian – too much flash – you could be right.
                @ Canon-Fodder - thanks for your comments
                @ Colin Thanks
                @ Colin C…… Thanks Colin, LOL I’m prolific at the moment, snapping '8 days a week', mostly boring stuff.

Millie
                Last edited by Millie; 15-02-2010, 11:43. Reason: inserting more words

Comment

Haven't posted any pictures recently :-) Just adding 2 from this weekend.

Both ISO 1600 F2.8 @ 24mm

Millie

Comment

Millie,
                    #1 I like the effect of the different coloured lights and the way the singer's arm is highlighted by the yellow light
                    #2 I have a question with this one as to whether or not it is an advertisement for Pioneer. Unfortunately the brightness of the name draws my eyes away from the focal point of the singer.
                    To get your gear into what I am assuming is a crowded place and then get these two shots must have been hard work.
                    I like them both with #1 my favourite. #2 shows the intensity that the singer is putting into the song/rap/ (or whatever it is called these days - being an "old fogey" I do not know) my hesitation with #2 is just the manufacturers name on the speaker box.

David
                    Last edited by djguk47; 22-04-2010, 10:32. Reason: spelling
                    David

Comment

Unfortunately the brightness of the name draws my eyes away from the focal point of the singer.
                      Thanks for your comments David, I was thinking about the pioneer myself; good call ! I could have blurred it, but I had over a 100 pictures to prepare so I didn't do any advanced editing.

Millie

Comment

I had over a 100 pictures to prepare
                        WOW you must have worked your ******* off that night.... do you just shoot the artists or the people in the crowd as well????
                        David

Comment

I was onstage, behind a barrier in front of the stage, and walkabout too.

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                            Thanks for your comments David, I was thinking about the pioneer myself; good call ! I could have blurred it, but I had over a 100 pictures to prepare so I didn't do any advanced editing.

Millie
                            Try cropping at the edge of the speaker - might give the picture a better balance

Brian
                            ef-r

Comment

Try cropping at the edge of the speaker - might give the picture a better balance
                              No - I like it how it is, but thanks for your interest :-)
                              Millie

Comment

Working...
                              X