Kids of Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids of Haiti

Just returned from a two week trip to La Gonave island off Haiti working alongside a medical team carrying out health checks and vaccinations on around 1200 kids. They dont speak much English, the stock phrases they mostly have are "Give me dollar!" and "Take my photo!" Great kids with great attitude considering all they have been through and how tough life is for them.

All shots Canon 30D with Canon 17mm - 85mm IS USM
    Last edited by Petros; 05-04-2010, 17:50.

Re: Kids of Haiti

Originally posted by Petros View Post
    Just returned from a two week trip to La Gonave island off Haiti working alongside a medical team carrying out health checks and vaccinations on around 1200 kids.
    Well done you...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Great photos, and great work you've been doing !
      Millie

Comment

Thanks CF and Millie - it was a huge experience! Left Friday - temp was 110F - Scotland seems very cold just now!

Peter

Comment

These are gorgeous, so much life and energy to all of them.

Great set, Nos 4 &5 are my pick of an excellent bunch.

Well done
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les, I think you sum up the overwhelming attitude of the Haitian people, especially the kids - so much life and energy!

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X