The Unlucky Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Unlucky Bench

A couple of shots i took recently with the 500d 18-200 ef-s lens both preprocessed using Topaz Adjust and cs4

Old steps f10 1/250, iso200

Bench f8, 1/200/ iso200

any comments gratefully received!!
    Attached Files

Re: The Unlucky Bench

Hello Bear;

I'm not a fan of the 'Topaz Adjust' school... so I'm afraid the images don't do it for me...

But if they float your boat - what the heck!

Composition wise, my preference is for the steps; I think that has the makings of a decent image... the bench lacks a real focal point I think...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by the bear View Post
      A couple of shots i took recently with the 500d 18-200 ef-s lens both preprocessed using Topaz Adjust and cs4

Old steps f10 1/250, iso200

Bench f8, 1/200/ iso200

any comments gratefully received!!
      The focal point for me in the second photo was the building and not the bench, which I found difficult to spot at first glace.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I see your point Nathaniel about the bench being a second focus point of the second photo. However, I like it that way. I like a photograph in which not everything can be appreciated at first glance. To me, the photo is well composed without the bench, with just the house and the rock face to the right. When I first looked at it, this is also where my eyes went. After a moment I noticed the bench, but not the rocks on the bench. I glanced back at the house and then quickly went back to the bench as I realized that something was amiss. Focusing on the bench I figured out what had happened and thought about how lucky it was that someone wasn't sitting there. A good picture to me is one that engages my mind for a couple of minutes and brings a story to mind. So, well done bear.

I also like the composition and the texture of the first photo. I like its colors and so forth. I think you did well there too, bear.

Comment

Russell

Thank you for your kind comments.....with the bench photo...the photo was larger in size as i had included the rock over hang above the bench.....but i though lets crop that out as there was too much going on and the over hang above the building lets you know this peice of information...so i did sort of create it as a thinking persons photo....

Julian

Comment

Working...
          X