Edith- A remarkable lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edith- A remarkable lady

Edith- aged 99yrs today (18/4/10). Lives alone in her own house. Was fitted with a pace maker 25 years ago. Attends church regularly every Sunday. She has a very positive attitude to life and has said that she will continue living on her own as long as possible.

I attach 3 portraits for your C&C. I hope I have taken in some of your advice given to me previously.

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Edith- A remarkable lady

She looks remarkably well for 99 years :)

Exposure is good, skin tones look natural and not overdone.

I think your focusing is still out a touch, if you check her eyes, they look slightly OOF.

On the second image, I think the flowers have picked up the focus point, and in the third, the front of her jacket is sharp.

In the first, I would consider a crop from the right so she is less central, leaving empty space on the left for her to look into.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
      She looks remarkably well for 99 years :)

Exposure is good, skin tones look natural and not overdone.

I think your focusing is still out a touch, if you check her eyes, they look slightly OOF.

On the second image, I think the flowers have picked up the focus point, and in the third, the front of her jacket is sharp.

In the first, I would consider a crop from the right so she is less central, leaving empty space on the left for her to look into.
      Thanks Les for your C&C. I should have added that she is NOT in a wheel chair as well- able to walk about with support, which is what she wants.

Yes, you are right. It was a pity as I had to take the photo's towards the end of the service i.e it was part of the final bit of the service but before the blessing. So I was a bit harried. You will understand when you look at the next photo below.She is with her family plus the clerics!

Last edited by Nathaniel; 18-04-2010, 18:07.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

My next portrat shoot is on Sunday 16th May when the new May Queen is "crowned". I will aim to focus between the eyes. This will also be "during the service" and so I have to be ready- have been asked to do this, when there is a short break (5mins) during the service for parents and well wishers to take photographs.

Comment

Working...
        X