X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I aspire to taking photos like this.

Rarindra Prakarsa Photography
    Dave

Re: I aspire to taking photos like this.

Truly stunning. I know that the framing and composition is what makes the shots in the first place but I do wonder how much of the finished image bears more to 'black belt' use of photoshop rather than the ability to take photographs.

Bob

Comment

Super shots; they look very similar to a tog called drew gardner; almost 3 dimentional; check out his website; www.drewgardner.co.uk

Steve

Comment

Great link Steve – thanks for sharing that.
        Dave

Comment

Very good indeed.

Although most of it is down to excellent skills in post production.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Everick View Post
            I do wonder how much of the finished image bears more to 'black belt' use of photoshop rather than the ability to take photographs.
            I think there is a fair amount of PhotoShop work in his images, but if the photography at the foundation hadn't been highly competent, the final result wouldn't have been anywhere near as compelling.

Is it an art or is it an 'ism. I'd say PhotoShop's an art. Good on those who use it to bring us spellbinding imagery by using it in their photography. As well as being an artform of it's own, I also see it as an integral part of modern photography. Some of the skill of using it, has to include knowing when not to use it, or when to use it in moderation.
            Dave

Comment

Wow - those are powerful shots. I agree it looks like there has been a fair bit of photoshop. But the photo's are still far better then those i have taken of people etc
              RuthieC

Comment

Did you notice a good number of the shots were taken with a rebel, it just goes to show you that in the right hands very good images are possible. Too many people think they can buy better images if they spend great piles of money and are then disapointed when they do not achieve what they thought they would.

Comment

Originally posted by digger58 View Post
                  Did you notice a good number of the shots were taken with a rebel, it just goes to show you that in the right hands very good images are possible. Too many people think they can buy better images if they spend great piles of money and are then disapointed when they do not achieve what they thought they would.
                  Absolutely
                  Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    I think there is a fair amount of PhotoShop work in his images...
                    Dave, I'd say there's a lot of restrained image-editing work in these wonderful images and that underscores just how important software is to digital imaging.

I don't think we can realise our digital potential without utilising a range of more subtle software techniques. It's very important, but not well understood. It's a hand-in-glove aspect of digital photography regardless of the equipment.

I've come across pro photographers who don't fully understand some software capabilities like extending the tonal range / replacing and even surpassing grey grads, etc. Some just don't have the time to take it on, which I can understand.
                    The Image Plane
                    Snapshots of Anything

Comment

Working...
                    X