X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madison and Skye

Some shots of the granddaughters C&C welcome

Re: Madison and Skye

All three look good to me - blurred background helps bring the subject forward - the light is contrasty and maybe the highlights have blown a little - I like #1 the most.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nice shots Muscat.
      The OOF background really brings the portraits out as Brian has said.
      I am guessing you used the 17-85.

David
      David

Comment

Hi David, #1 was the 17-85 th eother 2 were with the 100mm macro used as a portrait lens, a little long for the area that I was working in but worked well. As Brian said the light was very contrasty and it was a struggle to keep control of some highlights

Comment

Hi Muscat;

#1/2 looks like she could be a right little minx

I frequently use my 100 Macro as a portrait lens; and think it does an excellent job! The only thing I realy watch out for is facial blemishes, because it's so damned sharp that it does have a tendency to show up any little imperfection
          Last edited by Canon-Fodder!; 11-10-2010, 10:34.
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Very nice set of pictures....The first two are my favorites. although the bubbles are a great addition in number three...its a pity she seems to be looking into the sun,

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

The harsh light hasen't done you any favours, 3 delightful compositions which would have been belters with some decent light.
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les, as you say the light was very harsh but we were not complaining about seeing the sun in October

Comment

I like #1 & #3, and No #3 blowing bubbles my favourite. Looks very natural to me!

What lens did you use?
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Nathaniel,

Shot 1 was taken with my 17-85mm kit lens and 2 + 3 were taken with my 100mm F2.8 IS USM macro lens

Comment

Thanks for the info. Having looked at the children again, I will vote for #3 as the best. Reminds me of the old song "I'm for ever blowing bubbles..........."
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I'd be very proud to say those photos were mine

Particularily like number two, with the messy hair... just like my nieces all over. Use to have to walk around with a comb and clip.
                        Last edited by DeeGee; 06-11-2010, 17:01.
                        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks for looking and the coments, yes they are great, I think we need more than a comb at times a big bag of wet wipes and a change of clothes particularly when little Madison starts playing with water

Comment

Working...
                          X