Tatty? Or Beauty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tatty? Or Beauty?

Couldn't think where else to put this one...

From Edfu along the Nile, where the floating hotel/boats moor up to visit the temple (with its amazing staue of Horus).

The river bank is lined with optimistic Egyptians selling a whole range of things to us tourists, including colourful dresses. Couldn't resist pausing for a few shots, even at risk of being accosted as a potential purchaser.

Still can't decide whether these were just tatty or quite beautiful (or both).

20D, lens forgotten, probably the 24-105 L, 1/200. f8, ISO 100.

Cheers, Chris.
    Last edited by Chris J; 26-08-2009, 17:00.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Tatty? Or Beauty?

I think it can be improved by straightening the two battens as the both drop to the right, then crop so they are top and bottom absolute.
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Phew!
      "Who is Number 1?" "I am not a number, I am a person."

Comment

I agree with Pete it needs straightening and I would crop out the far right red one altogether. Maybe go for an even tighter crop to exclude the broken plastic torsos and the battens and concentrate on the colours and pattern. Also I think it is a little underexposed - the white one looks a tad on the grey side. The saturation could do with a slight boost too to bring out the great colours.

Tatty or Beauty? I think they are quite beautiful apart from the the red one on the left which is a little tatty on the bottom half.
        www.mikesivyer.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X