First time with the model and umbrella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time with the model and umbrella

This one is from a car show. Friend who presents some amazing work there asked me to make some "action" by performing a photoshoot to grab some attention.

I know, I should have paid more attention to PP, but had a rush to share it with you. :)

Canon EOS 5D
    Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX
    Canon 430 EX + reflective umbrella

24mm
    1/160s
    f/6.3
    ISO 320

Re: First time with the model and umbrella

Nice colours and tones (isn't the 5D great?). I think a large reflector (white mount-board would have done it) on the left would have given a bit more definition on that side of the girl. Or did you want it to run into black? I'd take out that bit of car body showing in top-left corner, as it's distracting. Good shot though.

Very nice-looking girl.

Comment

Re: First time with the model and umbrella

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
      Nice colours and tones (isn't the 5D great?). I think a large reflector (white mount-board would have done it) on the left would have given a bit more definition on that side of the girl. Or did you want it to run into black? I'd take out that bit of car body showing in top-left corner, as it's distracting. Good shot though.

Very nice-looking girl.
      Thanks for critique!
      Yes, I love my 5D... :D

About reflector on the left; this was almost totally spontaneously shot - just a coincidence that I had one of my umbrellas in my car trunk... :) ...but this picture gave me "a push" into portrait photograpy that I will definitely buy more gear for that kind of shots.
      The top left corner (rear view mirror) brings me a doubt too, but... I don't know, maybe you are right.

Comment

Working...
      X