Shooting Action Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Action Man

Just that - a photographic team shooting Action Man figures.
    Why they were doing it in the middle of the pavement at the entrance to Brighton Pier was beyond me, but they were a source of great fascination for several school groups heading for the Pier.
    The Action Men were being propped up by the gentleman in front of them and shot by the Canon user to the right, someone with a medium format camera, and video man on the left. The large lighting system didn't seem to be in use.

Fascinating to watch. Puzzling as to why...
    50D + 24-105L.
    Cheers, Chris.
    Last edited by Chris J; 05-07-2011, 16:13.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Shooting Action Man

Well why not, I did exactly the same on Saturday when Action man Marine was climbing into a friends model Lynx helicopter to join the 2 action men sitting in the driver's seats

Comment

with all that gear they were obviously taking it seriously

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I wonder if they where doing an amination film. Nicely done by the way, photographing the photographers.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Muscat - that helicopter looks very realistic - are you sure it was a model.....
          Cheers, Chris.
          Just chuggin' along.

Comment

That is Prince Harry flying it
            ef-r

Comment

I hadn't intended on hijacking the post from Chris J it was just a coincident that I had also been taking photos of the models. Not on the grand scale of the team in Brighton who were doing some serious filming.

The helicopter is about 1.5m long and weighs in at over 13kg it is powered I believe by a 55cc petrol engine, it has an onboard sound system triggered from the transmitter that has the full Lynx start-up sequence which is very good and when you have all the navigation and landing lights working it is spectacular. The kids of all ages love it.

It took the owner many hundreds of hours to build and is valued at several thousand pounds and is very impressive.

Brian we certainly weren't calling the pilot Prince Harry we had a few other names he was being called

Comment

Working...
              X