Rehearsal shot - See how they run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehearsal shot - See how they run.

Was doing some snapping earlier today this is my fave, I liked the fake emotion

F2.8 1/160 @ 165mm. Smooth as silk @ 1600 with 7D - Yee ha !

Trev

Re: Rehearsal shot - See how they run.

A few more
    These were shot on a candid basis - I waqs not allowed to talk to or pose anyone, I think these are typical of the genre, if not, this will be my style LOL

I switched between the 7D 40D 24-70 2.8 70-200 2.8 and 50 1.4 the exif is intact if anyone wants to know.

Male

Group1

group 2

I'm sure the first thing you'll notice is the awful Flash Shadow

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
      I'm sure the first thing you'll notice is the awful Flash Shadow
      Er, oddly, it wasn't!!!

But, in the real world - I like these a lot. Great work, Trev.
      “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
      "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
      "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
      "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Number one for me.. its the contrast between the emotion of the main subject and the disinterest of the man reading in the background.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

its the contrast between the emotion of the main subject and the disinterest of the man reading in the background.
          Di I won't try to kid you I considered this at time of shooting.
          With me most of the time it's just point the camera at the least boring occurance a snap away :-)

Thanks Bob

Trev

Comment

Here is the album - I'm not expecting to pick up any photogrphy awards for these snaps

Trev

Comment

They're nice shots. Could do with either a bit of extra contrast to pick them up. Otherwise I find rehearsal photos look good still in colour but heavily de-saturated - don't know why, but it works.

#3 is my favourite, very typical rehearsal scene, I suspect it would benefit from a little crop to lose some of the background and pull the viewer into the scene.

Looking at your album, the first and the last are the cream of the crop - love the 'listening' expression on the last one.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks Wooley I was hoping you'd have a look, with your theatrical background.
                The processing was rushed I have a bit of a PP log jam building up at the moment and they were in a hurry for these.
                Thanks for your helpful comments. I was whooping about ISO 1600, # 3 was actually ISO 3200.:-)
                I was a bit naughty and used the AUTO ISO on the 7D for quite a few shots, it seems to work quite well, it's like a whole new mode, I'm liking it.

I supplied 17 pix in colour, largely just WB corrected I'm told these will be published in print in multiple publications very soon.
                Trev

Comment

There is something special about B&W photographs.
                  Nice one Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                    I supplied 17 pix in colour, largely just WB corrected I'm told these will be published in print in multiple publications very soon.
                    Trev
                    Well done Trev

Comment

I have added some colour PP'd shot to the gallery they are 1200 pX wide with most of the distractions edited out on the headshots.

Thanks for the replies Miuscat and Stephen

Trev

Comment

Working...
                      X