Look...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look...

Monday saw my latest project/shoot come together, the day got off to a very mixed start with three of the original four models unable to make the shoot and leaving it very close to being cancelled. However when I met up with the rest of the team in the studio in Belfast we got on the phones to try and get models to stand in and give us something to work with. Rachel one of the original models was one of the first people to arrive at the studio so work was able to start straight away with her. Rachel turned out to be an absolute pleasure to work with and followed direction very well (keep an eye out for me working with her again in the future). Part way into the shoot our stand in models Chantelle and Jamie arrive and the makeup and hair team started their work straight away. Again both girls were excellent to work with and followed direction well, it was Jamies first time doing a shoot and I feel she took to the task really well.

I would like to take this chance to say a massive thank you to everyone of the team that helped to pull this shoot from the brink of disaster and help create some outstanding images.

The team included:
    Make-Up Artists - Lisa Ward, Alicia McTeggart and Jillian Gregge

Hair stylists - Danielle Shiels and Laura Carroll.

Models on the day were:
    Rachel Ewing, Jamie Young and Chantelle McKenna

My assistant on the day was James Geoffe.

Below is a behind the scenes video recorded during the shoot, check it out and let me know what you think.

Having had comments about my editing on various forums I thought I should post a before and after picture to let you all see the kind of editing that I have carried out.

Before+After

All feedback welcome.
    Last edited by jmaxphotography; 21-10-2011, 19:29.

Re: Look...

Very interesting view from behind the scenes at what people are doing to get the Models ready for the next shoot busy working away in the background.

I Think out of the three images I'm drawn to the middle one, as to me it has great balance the light tones work seamlessly together.( Not that i know any thing about shooting Models) But very interesting.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

These are great images of beautiful models, as a novice these are images I dream of taking, bet you were glad the session was not called of, the video was a nice touch. nice first post welcome to the forum

Ray

Comment

Thanks very much for the feedback guys.

@raymon - Yea I'm over the moon that the shoot went ahead and I actually feel that I got better shots with the stand in models than I would have got with the original models.

Comment

What post processing software did you use?
          ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
            What post processing software did you use?
            Lol there's always someone who asks how I did it. All I will say is Photoshop was used.

Comment

Before and after picture now added...

Comment

Before and after picture now added...
                Great work man

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by jmaxphotography View Post
                  Lol there's always someone who asks how I did it. All I will say is Photoshop was used.
                  I use Portrait Professional to give this type of result - which is why I asked
                  ef-r

Comment

nice set, I particularly like No3, she is a stunning woman and you show her features off perfectly IMO.

Gaz

Comment

Working...
                    X