My First Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Wedding

My sister-in-law pestered me to be the official tog for her Wedding in October. After many months of explaining I was a sports photographer (and only an amateur one at that!) she still decided to take a chance on me. I have to say it was a stressful experience and fortunately it went reasonable well, I did have a few issues with a couple of the indoor group shots due to the lighting but on the whole I was very happy with them, and more importantly so was the sister-in-law!

Here are a couple of example shots, any feedback greatly appreciated as always.

IMG_2276 by Bexman, on Flickr
    EXIF F5 1/80 39mm @ISO400

IMG_2334 by Bexman, on Flickr
    f5.6 1/50 19mm @ISO400

IMG_2427 by Bexman, on Flickr
    f5 1/400 17mm @ISO400

IMG_2509 by Bexman, on Flickr
    f2.8 1/1600 70mm @320ISO

IMG_2612_1 by Bexman, on Flickr
    f3.2 1/250 32mm ISO400
    Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Re: My First Wedding

After many months of explaining I was a sports photographer
    Hi Mike

That's the line i always try to get away with LOL.
    Can't comment to much on you images as i know nothing about doing weddings and probably never will,But they look Great for a first attempt,
    I had to do a Halloween party on Saturday night and it was nearly a disaster and that why a know I'm going to stick to sports photography from now on !
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a few tips on how to improve all your shots from a sports photographers point of view.

#1 No Ball
    #2 looks like a good signing was it a 2 year contract and looks like shes scored already.
    #3 good goal celebration never seen a celebration like that at Cardiff City.
    #4 all that champagne but would be nice to see the trophy.
    #5 not sure of the new colour for the away kit.

Hope you have a sense of humor

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
      Hi Mike

That's the line i always try to get away with LOL.
      Can't comment to much on you images as i know nothing about doing weddings and probably never will,But they look Great for a first attempt,
      I had to do a Halloween party on Saturday night and it was nearly a disaster and that why a know I'm going to stick to sports photography from now on !
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a few tips on how to improve all your shots from a sports photographers point of view.

#1 No Ball
      #2 looks like a good signing was it a 2 year contract and looks like shes scored already.
      #3 good goal celebration never seen a celebration like that at Cardiff City.
      #4 all that champagne but would be nice to see the trophy.
      #5 not sure of the new colour for the away kit.

Hope you have a sense of humor

Paul
      hahaha superb Paul! Very funny indeed.

I would quite happily photograph weddings if it they were all based on a beach in the Caribbean! Me and flash guns just dont seem to gel
      Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Me and flash guns just dont seem to gel
        Have to agree about flash guns Think they deliberately designed them to over expose the first shot, under expose the second, not charge up for the third and by the fourth It's already back in the camera bag never to be used again bloody things.I have a 1D Now and it has no pop up flash so I'm well and truly - - - - !

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Weddings are seriously stressful, made worse by bride-zillas.
          Inside church pics, you mostly get away with flash-less higher ISO shots, outside use homemade reflectors and or flash diffusers.
          Its an experience, one I try to tay away from, but hey, bills have to be paid.

Well done

Comment

In the church I use 2 umbrellas on stands and a fill in flash on a bracket. Just fills the church with soft light. Pre warn the bride and groom that you will want them to stop.

Use a zoom to get them stopped in two places coming down the isle. Aigning the register is simple - they sign it and then pose pretending to sign it for the photos.

Having a large amount of flash outside means you can overcome the sunlight and avoid harsh shadows.
            ef-r

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys

Brian, as they were coming down the aisle I looked up from behind the camera and to my surprise they were right in front of me, haha. It was a good learning curve though and I reckon I've spent a good 20 hours in photoshop editing them! All for the love of family!
              Mike

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X