Images from weekends Fashion show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images from weekends Fashion show

Managed to get myself to the fashion show and really enjoyed the experience,Still have loads to learn about using flash.The results can be so unpredictable its hard to find out how to correct the faults (to much light /not enough light even when not changed any settings) but i suppose its trial and error to start with and the only way to learn is by just going along and doing it !

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Images from weekends Fashion show

Think you have done a lot better than I would have. #2 would be my pick for the eye contact although I would be tempted to clone out the spotlight on the right.

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Well done Paul it looks as if you have some good shots there I hope you are pleased with them as I am sure you have done better than I would have.

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
        Think you have done a lot better than I would have. #2 would be my pick for the eye contact although I would be tempted to clone out the spotlight on the right.

.DAVID.
        I was probably not in the best position been down the side of the catwalk,couldn't get to the front part (to many togs) the models posed at the end turned back and posed again half way down the catwalk so this is were i positioned myself,so this is why i have these spots always in the way,Plus the models are quite high up(+there tall to start with)so meant i was always pointing the camera upwards.But for all my faults and i know i made plenty i really enjoyed the occasion and it was nice to see other photographer doing what they do best which you try and learn from.
        Another thing i was suprised at was the speed of the event the models are on and off the stage quickly they give you a quick glimpse and there off, you only get the one chance to get the shot.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
          Well done Paul it looks as if you have some good shots there I hope you are pleased with them as I am sure you have done better than I would have.
          The only thing i can say is, maybe i just got away with some usable shots but nothing more.Luckily my boss was shooting there as well so there was no real pressure on me, other than what i put on myself. Think he wants me to do more events so he wanted to see how i would get on under pressure (looks like I'll be back doing football then LOL)

Paul
          Last edited by paul linton; 22-11-2011, 11:36.

Comment

Well done Paul. Nice set of images and pretty girls at that! Being positive pays off!! Thanks for sharing.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Well done Paul. Nice set of images and pretty girls at that! Being positive pays off!! Thanks for sharing.
              Thanks Nathaniel

Some times you have to bite the bullet as they say.

Paul

Comment

Nice set of shots. Out of interest, going back to your earlier post, what settings do you think worked best for you? Did you pick up any other specific tips on the night?

Peter

Comment

Hi Paul I think you've done really well, I'm jealous you got a nice modern location with plenty of atmosphere.
                  No5 is the pick of the bunch for me (although I like all of them), you've captured the model with a great body shape, great timing + you've got the whole outfit.
                  great composition to boot !

Trev
                  Last edited by Trevoreast; 22-11-2011, 16:46.

Comment

Well done Paul .. panic over.

Comment

Originally posted by Petros View Post
                      Nice set of shots. Out of interest, going back to your earlier post, what settings do you think worked best for you? Did you pick up any other specific tips on the night?

Peter
                      Hi Peter
                      The moment i walked through those doors every thing i was going to try went out of the window,I wrote your settings down and took them with me,the next time i remembered i had them was the following morning.There was so much going on and everything happening so quickly.I was told the most important thing was to try and balance the flash light with the ambient light using a slow shutter speed(1/30) with a large aperture ( f4 that's the largest i could go with my lens) and if the background light was still to dark up my ISO settings.That was the theory but depending on the ambient light (how strong/weak you had to set your flash slightly different each time)and that's something i struggled with.
                      Below some shots from my bosses images I've had to put watermarks on them I'm afraid but you can under stand why.

#1 image to show the background ambient light and flash working together
                      AV Mode, 1/30sec, f4, ISO 1600, LENS 24-105mm, EOS 5 MK II,

AV Mode, 1/200sec, f1.8, ISO 500, Lens 85mm prime, EOS 5 MK II,

Paul

Comment

Nice shots Paul and certainly a lot more attractive than Footballers!

The very first image looks remarkably like a Mannequin doesnt she? Almost flawless
                        Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Nice set of pictures in what is always a difficult situation. Well done. I think you will find the best pictures in the dressing rooms. I always did.
                          Cheers
                          Treff

Comment

Working...
                          X