Nifty Fifty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nifty Fifty

Some of my favourite shots taken with the cheapo nifty fifty lens!

IMG-166.jpg by Chodeva, on Flickr

View through the window by Chodeva, on Flickr

IMG_6968.jpg by Chodeva, on Flickr
    regards
    Donald

Re: Nifty Fifty

Yes it's a fab lens! Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing.
    “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
    http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

It might be cheap shash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let not Canon hear that word! But it is a brilliant lens. Lovely photos. Keep them coming. Been to J-burg & S.Africa twice now. Lovely country and lovely people. Welcome to the forum.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks guys!
        regards
        Donald

Comment

Great Pictures

Comment

Absolutely love the first one. Interesting composition, the contrast between the rough wall and the smooth skin and the fantastic eye contact - a mixture of defensive and curious yet not aggressive. it's a wonderful shot.

The monos are also good, but a look a little over-sharpened (or perhaps over-contrasted) for my personal taste.
            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Really nice shot's, hopefully get my 'nifty' tomorrow and am really looking forward to trying it out.

.DAVID.
              Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that my nifty fifty doesn't get used enough, I need to win the lottery to photograph all day.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Woolley, I must admit I am still trying to get to grips with sharpening in LightRoom and am never quite sure whether it is done right or not. Thanks for highlighting that. Was my whole point of joining the forum, to learn from other members!
                  regards
                  Donald

Comment

Definately an under-estimated lens and often left in the bottom of the bag (or not in the bag).
                    Time for everyone to start using their nifty-fifty, is is a brilliant lens.

Lovely images

Comment

Great portraits you have done a really good job #1 is perhaps my personal fav. I think the results you have achieved with this budget priced lens is remarkable.

Ray

Comment

Nice work chodeva. Thanks for sharing. I really like number 1
                        Regards
                        Graydon
                        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by chodeva View Post
                          Woolley, I must admit I am still trying to get to grips with sharpening in LightRoom and am never quite sure whether it is done right or not. Thanks for highlighting that. Was my whole point of joining the forum, to learn from other members!
                          No worries, wish I could help you sort it - I haven't got the hang of sharpening yet, either!
                          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                          X