Medusa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medusa

A bit of extreme editing.. but which one is better? AAA08633-Recovered.jpg AAA08633-Recovered_2.jpg

Very imaginative and at first sight I like them both.

I don't particularly like colour popping and have only used it twice myself but, .......................... in this instance I prefer the colour popped version.
    Colin

Comment

Second one for me
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

It has to be namber two.
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=colin C;n761888]Very imaginative and at first sight I like them both.

Colin. I was doubtful but somehow the second one feels more alive to me .

Comment

Second one for me, much more impact and memorable.

Comment

From a simple aesthetic point of view the first version works far better for me. In the second I find the red lips are too prominent and draw the attention a little too much - though if this were a commercial shot for a lipstick manufacturer it would be spot on.

I'd be interested in seeing a rather more subtle version of the second with the intensity of the red toned down to give a more even balance between the subtlety of the face and the power of the lips.

Either way both shots are very effective - nice work.
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                From a simple aesthetic point of view the first version works far better for me. In the second I find the red lips are too prominent and draw the attention a little too much - though if this were a commercial shot for a lipstick manufacturer it would be spot on.

I'd be interested in seeing a rather more subtle version of the second with the intensity of the red toned down to give a more even balance between the subtlety of the face and the power of the lips.

Either way both shots are very effective - nice work.

Thank you,

Like this?

AAA08633-Recovered_3.jpg

Comment

That works ............. much more subtle.
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                    That works ............. much more subtle.
                    Yep, looks just about perfect to me.
                    Nigel

Comment

Echo the above comments
                      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That`s when I start thinking I`ve got no future in photography, lol, as I love bright colours but it seems I`m in minority

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic Beauty Photography View Post
                          That`s when I start thinking I`ve got no future in photography, lol, as I love bright colours but it seems I`m in minority
                          Nothing wrong with doing our own thing, but sometimes other opinions are beneficial. I generally seek "she who must be obeyed" 's opinion. She has no photographic training at all and either likes, or dislikes my image. I also seek the worthy opinions of fellow members here, who will often point out areas I may have missed. We all have "baggage" with our images and advice from others is often helpful.

Regarding no future in photography? Far from it. On the basis of your few posted images so far, I would consider you have a very bright future. I have enjoyed your images to date and I am sure that I am amongst many members here that look forward to your future images.
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post

Nothing wrong with doing our own thing, but sometimes other opinions are beneficial. I generally seek "she who must be obeyed" 's opinion. She has no photographic training at all and either likes, or dislikes my image. I also seek the worthy opinions of fellow members here, who will often point out areas I may have missed. We all have "baggage" with our images and advice from others is often helpful.

Regarding no future in photography? Far from it. On the basis of your few posted images so far, I would consider you have a very bright future. I have enjoyed your images to date and I am sure that I am amongst many members here that look forward to your future images.
                            Absolutely.

Nothing wrong with bright colours, I like bright colours, nothing wrong with subtle either - it's often just a matter of horses for courses. The fact that I preferred the subtle approach does not invalidate the brighter version or infer that your vision is wrong.
                            Nigel

Comment

colin C El Sid

Thank you both!!! Sometimes it`s quite difficult for me to choose what is nice and what`s not. I edit an image, look at it and not sure what to think. That`s why SpringfieldPhoto suggested I join this forum so I could have opinions of other good photographers. And so far, I found it very useful and supportive.
                              Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
                              X