Digital Christmas lights.....The Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Christmas lights.....The Return

After over 1.5 years I have finally got around to printing, framing and hanging the digital photo I posted of some Christmas lights.
    Well, I did not print it myself but someone I know who has an A3 printer did this for me.
    The frame came from a charity shop, and I was delighted as it was the correct size.

This really is one of those images you will either love or hate and I do appreciate this, there is no middle ground!

Thought you may like to see the end result, it is not perhaps the best photo in the world as the glass is highly reflective and I had huge difficulty in trying to get a photo without reflections showing. Has anyone any ideas on how I should have tackled this?

Rose

Christmas lights 2 by Rose, on Flickr

Rose M y only suggestion to remove the reflections would be to try using a polarising filter fitted to you lens. They work best when the light source hitting the subject is at 90 degrees to your lens.
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
      Rose M y only suggestion to remove the reflections would be to try using a polarising filter fitted to you lens. They work best when the light source hitting the subject is at 90 degrees to your lens.
      Thank you Peter for the advice, appreciated. Not sure I have a polarising filter, will have to look.
      Rose

Comment

I like that Rose, well done
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

An excellent shot complimented by the frame.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

That looks excellent in the frame, well worth while doing.

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Looks good to me.

As mentioned a polarising filter can be useful for removing reflections but be aware it may not remove all of them depending on the lighting angle but even then they should be significantly diminished.

I believe professional product photographers frequently use light tents when photographing reflective objects such as glass and jewellery. Because the tent is translucent, plain and lit from the outside reflections are minimised, some are designed to completely enclose the object being photographed with only a small window for the lens to look through.
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                Looks good to me.

As mentioned a polarising filter can be useful for removing reflections but be aware it may not remove all of them depending on the lighting angle but even then they should be significantly diminished.

I believe professional product photographers frequently use light tents when photographing reflective objects such as glass and jewellery. Because the tent is translucent, plain and lit from the outside reflections are minimised, some are designed to completely enclose the object being photographed with only a small window for the lens to look through.
                Thank you Nigel, I must admit I have not heard of a light tent and appreciate the advice; there is so much I need to learn.
                & I need to save money before considering what my next purchase would be……
                Rose

Comment

Thank you everyone for looking and your kind comments.
                  Rose

Comment

Working...
                  X