Tenby abstract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenby abstract

Taken yesterday at Tenby, West Wales. Shot into a puddle left by the high tide. The resulting reflection was turned upside-down. No Photoshop funny-business - just colour and contrast boosting.

C+C welcome.

Re: Tenby abstract

Very effective - almost mirage like effect...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Rob,
      Nice one - the little bit of 'context' at lower left is very subtle. Any chance of a similar break in the illusion in the 'sky' or would that be too un-original?
      Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by Manipulator View Post
        Rob,
        Nice one - the little bit of 'context' at lower left is very subtle. Any chance of a similar break in the illusion in the 'sky' or would that be too un-original?
        Gerald
        No, afraid not. The pool was too long at the top end. I was standing in the water looking towards the reflected roof-tops. The things I do...

Comment

Great shot. I like the way you've included the little wave across the bottom to put things in perspective.

Do I spy another series of images building?
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Do I spy another series of images building?
            I'm getting quite keen on 'projects'. It helps focus what passes for my mind. You also get good at doing certain shots just by practise. I'm currently doing silhouettes, winter trees, reflections, and flotsam washed up on the beach - Flotsam collection Every time I go down our local beach I take a camera with my nifty-fifty on and see what's been washed up on the shore. Retirement stuff...

Comment

Love the flotsam. Don't stop...
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X