Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On-line printing

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question but I couldn't find anywhere more appropriate so apologies if I'm in the wrong place!

I usually use photobox for printing my images, up-load files and they send you the photograph (1-2 days). I've always preferred to do this rather than printing at home, I've bought good HP photo printers in the past but never really satisfied with the quality, ok for a bit then it deteriorates as the inks run out, ink clogs up the heads etc etc.. it's also very cheap and quick on-line, I never have to buy expensive cartridges any more.
    I've also done a few weddings in the past and have used an Italian album manufacturer to print my work, modern digital album where one image goes across both pages - you know the kind.

Now the quality of these album prints are far better than the ones from photobox, I don't know much about the printing process but where can I get better images printed than Photobox without breaking the bank, I would obviously expect to pay more but what are the different processes?

I have noticed the difference directly because during a recent album I was editing I had a jacket that had a weave I wasn't sure would print very well so I up-loaded it and got a print from photobox, the jacket printed ok. So I sent the images off for the album, when the album arrived the print quality from the same image was far superior, depth of colour, far richer, sharper etc etc..

I want to adopt this quality for my general printing, but from where???

Any advice or similar experiences appreciated.

Martin.

Re: On-line printing

Did you find somewhere to print your images? I want some quality enlargements, but not sure which on-line company is best?

Sandy

Comment

High quality professional printing services for professional photographers in the UK and worldwide. Home of the famous Bellissimo wedding album range.

They did a first class job for me making a real big enlargement.
      Papa.

Comment

Thank you for the link. They are local to me, so I'll give them a try.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X