85 1.8 USM - self imposed challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 1.8 USM - self imposed challenge

Shooting for 5 days only using canon ef 85 1.8 USM@ narowest aperture F2 - with 7D

Frascati Superiori

IMG_9137 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Another rubbish snap

IMG_9156 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Trev

Re: 85 1.8 USM - self imposed challenge

What only two shots in five days, LOL.

I note booze features in both images, I do however like #1

Comment

What only two shots in five days, LOL.
      he he..this is only day two - booze will be featuring in all the pics, in more ways than one ;-)

Lady on left - her ferret escaped - these two PCSO's are trying to catch it. with what looks like a childs fishing net.
      This took place under Eastbourne pier today -packed beach - you couldn't make it up ! The lady who lost th ferret had the nerve to complain to the cops when I started to take pics :-)

IMG_9096 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Comment

Lady on left - her ferret escaped - these two PCSO's are trying to catch it
        You just can't make up that story, priceless.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

You just can't make up that story, priceless
          Yes Stephen, I'm working facebook at the moment to try to find out who's involved and whether the ferret has been captured. :-)

Trev

Comment

Yesterday: Flower Pot stopped down to F4 for this

IMG_9275 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Saturday F3.5 - trying for a Nam type shot - FAIL LOL

IMG_8986 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Comment

Flower Pot stopped down to F4 for this
              I love that one, love the colours and the dof is absolutely spot on

flickr

Comment

I like the first one. Also the blue pot of flowers Quite a vivid colour.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Lady on left - her ferret escaped
                  That was a lady? Thank goodness she's behind bars!

Slightly more seriously Trev, that's a great challenge. Restrict your equipment and just go out and get the shots. It makes you think, develops your eye and you become aware of the sweetspots and what to avoid with your kit. A great learning/exploration process and you gat some good shots along the way.

I love the wine glass, flower pot and your Nam shot.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Flower pot is bang on

Lovely composition, dof and the colours are simply strong.

Comment

You seem to be doing very well on your challenge. I do like the Nam shot, wine glass & the flower pot.

Comment

trying for a Nam type shot
                        This might be a silly question but ... what is a "Nam" image?

flickr

Comment

I love that one, love the colours and the dof is absolutely spot on
                          Thanks Stephen

Lovely composition, dof and the colours are simply strong
                          Thanks evojkp

I like the first one. Also the blue pot of flowers Quite a vivid colour
                          Thanks Di

You seem to be doing very well on your challenge. I do like the Nam shot, wine glass & the flower pot
                          Thanks Tom I have a taken a load of shots just trying to mix the subjects up a bit.

This might be a silly question but ... what is a "Nam" image?
                          Veitmam – I know it sounds corny, the long grass reminded me of Nam films.
                          We were discussing going back with camo bandanas and such, it probably won’t happen though. :-)

Thanks Colin – I’ve let this lens sit fairly unused, just getting re-acquainted.
                          As you say practising – and learning about the lens – I intend to use it were I would mostly use my 2-70 2.8 at 70 mm all the time.

I’ve learned not to shoot at f1.8 especially if there is two people.
                          I put the 85mm on my 40D party camera.1/20 F1.8 ISO 1000. Some kid had my flashgun bouncing it off a white ceiling.
                          Hence the shadow on the girls face ! I kept this pic cos I liked their expressions :-)

IMG_9733 by mitch snapper, on Flickr

Trev
                          Last edited by Trevoreast; 09-08-2012, 00:54. Reason: spell

Comment

Working...
                          X