Not of this world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not of this world

'Artist's' and I use the term loosely - really not sure what planet they are from, example - Savill Garden have a some 'sculpture' dotted around at the moment, all for sale, one of the most expensive is this one titled 'big red'

Go on - dare you to guess how much they are asking for it (it's approx 7' long) Cory and I looked a few and decided I should never have given up welding!

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Not of this world

16.000?

Just thinking, my brother would have it rubbed up and painted with hammerite. LOL!
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

the most expensive is this one titled 'big red'
      £150 for scrap value?
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

If "Big Red" is about 7ft long then it is almost real life size for a big red roo.

I am guessing at about 9,000

David
        David

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
          16.000?

Just thinking, my brother would have it rubbed up and painted with hammerite. LOL!
          Closest of the lot. . . . you ready. . . . . . £17,500

Both Cory and I actually laughed out loud, much to the disgust of the people sat near the 'lump of rusting rubbish' there were a few nicer sculptures around the gardens and they were all WAY overpriced for what they are (or what it would have cost to make them with a bit added for 'skill / thought') but this one just really took the. . . . . . . . . . .

Still what do we know ehh, can't even appreciate a cow or shark in a tub of embalming fluid - heathens. . .. .

.DAVID.

One of the nicer ones although it's 'just a cast' and again silly money

Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
          X