Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whisky

Hi guys, After seeing Guesty's very nice whisky image, it reminded me I had done a whisky shot for my "glass" subject hand in for college last year.

So here it is, and as I always say, all comments and CC's are very welcome.

Canon 5d MK II, EF24-205mm f4, shot @ f18, ISO200, 1/125th. Two soft boxes were used.

John

Re: Whisky

Very nice. Pity the bottle is still full!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      Very nice. Pity the bottle is still full!
      It isn't now Nathaniel, my father in law and I had a couple while he was over on holiday, and can I just say it is a very tasty whisky.

Cheers

John

Comment

Cheers John. You've lit the scene beautifully. I think we should keep this thread going. More photos of my"the water of life"...

By the way John, i really enjoyed my bottle of superstition from Christmas last year. Unfortunately i didn't own a camera back then!

Comment

Originally posted by Guesty View Post
          Cheers John. You've lit the scene beautifully. I think we should keep this thread going. More photos of my"the water of life"...

By the way John, i really enjoyed my bottle of superstition from Christmas last year. Unfortunately i didn't own a camera back then!
          Thanks for the comments Guesty, and for me drinking it was much more pleasurable than taking pictures of it

John

Comment

Excellent Exposure. IMO, the composition would have been much stronger if the bottle would have been partially emptied.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
              Excellent Exposure. IMO, the composition would have been much stronger if the bottle would have been partially emptied.

Tom
              Thanks Tom, if I had been in the house I would have done that, but I took this shot at college. But you are right, it would have been better with some whisky out of the bottle.

John

Comment

Partially emptied??? Oh dear!! I would have shown an empty bottle tilted on the side, with the glass perhaps half full.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Gosh, this is good, the 2 light sources give a nice modelling effect, and feeling of depth.
                  Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                  Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

John, Love it, the photograph that is ..... love whisky as well ;-)

Jim

Comment

Partially emptied??? Oh dear!! I would have shown an empty bottle tilted on the side, with the glass perhaps half full.
                      me too Nathaniel, but college rules would not have permitted it. lol

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
                      Gosh, this is good, the 2 light sources give a nice modelling effect, and feeling of depth.
                      Les, thank you for the kind comments

Originally posted by Jim Whyte View Post
                      John, Love it, the photograph that is ..... love whisky as well ;-)

Jim
                      Thanks Jim, I too like whisky, and glad that I did the whisky justice in the image.

John

Comment

There is a "glass half full, glass half empty" joke their somewhere Nathaniel !
                        Think I'll go and pour a dram, or two and have a think about it !!

Fred

Comment

Lovely shot - as is the whisky
                          Well lit

Incidentally, the background is the same Tartan as my kilt - Blue Ramsay

Mike
                          www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack View Post
                            There is a "glass half full, glass half empty" joke their somewhere Nathaniel !
                            Think I'll go and pour a dram, or two and have a think about it !!

Fred
                            There definitely is Fred.

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
                            Lovely shot - as is the whisky
                            Well lit

Incidentally, the background is the same Tartan as my kilt - Blue Ramsay

Mike
                            Thanks Mike, and I chose the tartan as I thought it was a nice contrast to the colour of the whisky.

John

Comment

Working...
                            X