Project photographs as taken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First my appologies if this is in the wrong group, but hopefully someone can help me.
    I want to know how I can project photographs as they are taken with my EOS 7D. How to I connect the camera to the laptop and what cable do I need? What software do I need?

I have seen this done but no idea how I can do it, so your help will be appreciated.

Hi, in the box the your camera came in, there should be a cable that allows you to plug into the camera, the to the USB port of your computer. Secondly the camera came with software that you load on your computer that would allow you to down load from the camera.

Tom

Comment

Re: Project photographs as taken

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Hi, in the box the your camera came in, there should be a cable that allows you to plug into the camera, the to the USB port of your computer. Secondly the camera came with software that you load on your computer that would allow you to down load from the camera.

Tom
      Hi, I assume that you are referring to the USB Interface cable and the EOS utility. Thank you for the information and I will give it a try.

Comment

Welcome to the forum caglitro.
        Tom is indeed referring to the USB Interface cable and the EOS utility.

Personally I prefer to use a card reader as this is generally quicker.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Do you mean project onto a presentation screen?

If so following on from Tom's instructions add a Projector and it works. Once tried this at work with a very nice Casio projector. You can display live view or playback on the big screen. You can also use the HDMI out if your DSLR has such a socket and go directly to a TV or Projector.

Comment

Originally posted by caglistro View Post
            First my appologies if this is in the wrong group, but hopefully someone can help me.
            I want to know how I can project photographs as they are taken with my EOS 7D. How to I connect the camera to the laptop and what cable do I need? What software do I need?

I have seen this done but no idea how I can do it, so your help will be appreciated.
            Hi caglistro

I think you may be referring to tethered shooting, which is something I have never done, but there is a section in the 7D manual explaining how to do it.

Colin

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. Yes, I guess it is tethered shooting I need and then to immeaditely project the images as they are taken. I have just heard this can also be done using Lightroom, so will look into this too.

Comment

Working...
              X