X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leaves.

Thanks.

Just for OBG.

I tried some fake HDR. Never really done any of these. Gnu has a script which takes the same image, splits it into three and then processes each one different and merges them back together, well at least that is what I think it does. I just press the button and it works its magic.

I tried it on a few photos. (I confess it does kind of gets addictive.) But did find that on some it just doesn't look right, so they hit the delete bin. The survivors of this set are here.

Photos are from this set, so the EXIF is the same.

Fake HDR 1.

Fake HDR 2.

Fake HDR 3.

WDYT?
    Last edited by DeeGee; 24-11-2012, 16:11.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I think the third set, where you have played with the DR, is the best.

Fred D

Comment

For those that want to know how it was done.

Read on.

Have a search and find your leaves. Look for patterns and colour.

Give them a wash and dry them off just a touch... but not too much, a bit of moisture will help with the light, and if the leaves are really brittle may help them not crack and fall apart while you are using them.

Now inspect your windows. You need one with a fairly un-interupted view of the sky for this to work.

Once you've got your window, clean it on both sides really well. No shortcuts here. Everything you leave behind, you'll have to clone out later.

Now grab your leaves. If you have time and want to wait ages, you could flatten the leaves in a book, but if you like the slight ripples in them and the texture this gives, feel free to skip this.

On the back of each put some washing up liquid.

Stick the leaves to your window in what ever pattern suits you. The washing up liquid will hold the leaf for long enough, but not show up in shadow through the leaf when its back lit.

Now snap away.

Sometimes, you'll like to spot meter and get the leaf in silhouette. Or you might want to diffuse flash and make it so you have a leaf in mid air with full colour.

Best advise I can give is play.

Now here's the most important part.

Clean the window again. Get the washing up liquid off, it will congeal and go super tough and you'll be in for the high jump if it's left.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Leaves.

Great post and explanation on how to do it. Very creative and effective. Thanks for sharing
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
          X