Turkey Redo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Redo

Well when I posted the thanksgiving pictures some of the comments was that BW really didn't work for food. So I had another go at the turkey Picture:

Picture as taken by the EOS-M w/EF-M22mm STM
    1/40 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 3200

Now this is the original image that I posted. This image went straight from LR to Silver Efex Pro 2.

Now the redo

Step 1: from LR over to Elements 11
    Step 2: From Elements 11 went to Nik Color Efex Pro 4 Contrast only. Lightened the whole image then back to Elements to brush in the effect on the outside around the turkey.
    Step 3: Back to Nik Color Efex Pro 4 to the Pro Contrast and up the dynamic contrast to its highest, then back to elements to brush in the effect on the turkey only.
    Step 4: Back to Nik Silver Efex Pro2 to where I converted the image to BW, made adjustments on the structure, added a yellow filter and gave the image a slight coffee tint. then back to elements to brush in the effect on the turkey.
    Step 5: THe final step was back over to Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 to Darken the entire image, add my vignetting then back over to elements to brush in the effects on the outer edges of the turkey, then back to LR.

And here is the Final Image:

Comments welcomed.

Tom

Re: Turkey Redo

Colour for me Tom.
    Can you post me a doggy bag?
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Colour for me also. Hmmm . . . . . yummy!
      Colin

Comment

I prefer #2 as the treatment has caused the background to become less "obvious" whereas in the colour the background, for me anyway, catches my eyes and takes me away from the delicious turkey
        David

Comment

Tom,

I can almost smell the colour pic, as an illustration of a Thanksgiving Dinner, I don't think B&W did the poor old Turkey justice, having said that I do, as always much admire your skills.

These are of course just my thoughts, feel free to ignore.

Regards Paul

Comment

Sorry Tom, I want to be positive, none of these work for me, but if I had to choose it would be the color one.

You can't please everyone, so if these work for you that's the main thing.

Trev

Comment

Whilst I could eat #1 (with roast spuds, veg, Yorkshire pud, et seq) I'm not sure about the photos. #3 has something of the night about it. Sorry Tom to be so negative.

Comment

Thanks all for stopping by and looking and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. And as Trev said, you can't please everyone.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X