Salisbury Font Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In celebration of the cathedral 750th year a new modern font was installed in 2008 and probably the biggest you have ever seen. These are a couple of shots of the cathedral reflections in the font. Shot with 7D and Canon EF-S 10-22

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Salisbury Font Reflections

Looks like they could rent that out as a Swimming Pool.

Like the second one showing roof detail, both very sharp

Regards Paul

Comment

That's got something about it ... quite like it.

It shows how long ago it was since I was at Wilton ... there was no font then.

Comment

An unusual angle and one that works well IMHO as Paul said that is like a swimming pool

Comment

Really like those Stan, and not a bird in sight!

The font is massive and certainly gives an interesting perspective.

Were these HDR'd? Nice detail in the stained glass windows.

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Nice perspective and the images are sharp. Careful Stan, you look like you are enjoying architect photography

Tom

Comment

thanks for looking

as Paul said that is like a swimming pool
              its almost as big - in fact its more like a water feature as the water flows out from the four corners - I wull have to take some shots of it next time

Were these HDR'd?
              I had intended to bracket 3 shots for everything shot on the day, so the top shot is 3 exposures blended in PSE 8. The lower shot, which in fact was the first one of the day, should have been 3 bracketed shots but although I set the bracketing in camera I forgot to press set and only realised when i looked at the lcd and found i had 3 identical same exposure shots

Looking at both shots there is very little difference between using 1 and 3 exposures except that more detail in the glass of the lower shot has been lost which would have been retained had i got the 3 exposures

Stan

flickr

Comment

I think that is very cleverly done Stan, well seen and well executed. It needs the title to enable instant recognition of what the shot is about, but that is more about the sheer size of the font, rather than any deficiency by the photographer.

I nearly forgot to say that I like it. I can admire and appreciate a shot without particularly liking it, but I do like this one.
                Colin

Comment

Thanks for looking Colin

As usual we both got in on the act so here is one of Dee's. Whereas all of mine were shot portrait, Dee also got one in landscape format which gives a wider view. Shot with 7D, EF-S 17-85, 1/3, f 5.6, ISO 100

flickr

Comment

really nice images Stan, think you have done really well with the composition of both images, were you using a tripod in the Cathedral with the three exposures, do they have a fairly relaxed attitude to photographers? also I have tried to merge bracketed exposures in elements 9 they never look anything like this quality (even making allowances for my lack of expirience), is the process done in "photomerge exposures" again great shots Stan.

Ray

Comment

I've done it again, your prior post explains you were using a tripod,

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                        Looks like they could rent that out as a Swimming Pool.
                        That is a font and a half.
                        Wonderful reflections
                        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Great composition, Stan - the detail you've managed to bring out in the windows of the first shot makes that one my preferred shot and once again confirms that appropriate use of HDR is a technique I'm going to have to get into. Nicely done. Was Dee's landscape shot (good in its own right) also HDR'd?
                          Andy

Comment

Thanks guys

were you using a tripod in the Cathedral with the three exposures, do they have a fairly relaxed attitude to photographers? also I have tried to merge bracketed exposures in elements 9 they never look anything like this quality (even making allowances for my lack of expirience), is the process done in "photomerge exposures" again great shots Stan.
                            The only restricrion is that you are not allowed to shoot during services and you cannot shoot the magna carta.

This session was the first time of using elements to merge shots, using the photomerge exposures and I was very pleased how they turned out needing very little further tweaking apart from fixing the verticals.

Was Dee's landscape shot (good in its own right) also HDR'd?
                            just a single shot, one of her first and she had done the same as me in setting the camera for bracketing

Stan

flickr

Comment

John

Comment

Working...
                              X