Hat and Brolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat and Brolly

I have achieved the third of my trilogy of shapes. You've seen the Flying Saucer, so here is the Umbrella and the Hat.

Same settings as previous:

1/250sec, F22, ISO400 and a couple of flash units.

Colin

Re: Hat and Brolly

Very good Colin.

Do you use any thickening in the water?

Comment

Thats an absolute brilliant shot Colin. Hats off to you....
      EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

These are very good, not bad for a novice

I've enjoyed all up to press Colin, and some of the background info from your first post.

Can we expect a detailed forum article on your experiences in this (for you) new genre ?
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I give up. Can't keep this up any longer. Yes,endorse what Les has said- a detailed article would be a great help to a novice like me who is just venturing out into "digital art"!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Tom

Comment

Can you imagine what you'll be producing when you've had it for more than 5 minutes.
              JASON

Comment

Originally posted by jaymbee1 View Post
                Can you imagine what you'll be producing when you've had it for more than 5 minutes.
                That is what worries the rest of us

Comment

Another pair of great shots Colin . I tried to reply to the first one this morning but was locked out and just fixed by Robert.

Les suggestion is an excellent one as i was going to ask a couple of questions this morning which apply to these shots as well. In your original posts I think you said you were shooting against a white background. So what sort of container are you using and what level of liquid - as there is a seemless transition in the background I am assuming the container filled to the brim and shooting from a low position

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

I have a better idea and don't know whether the members will agree or not, also whether Robert would agree. As we are requesting Colin to give details of his professional/technical expertise it is only fair that he is properly recompensed for his time and effort. I therefore suggest a "financial kitty" of anything from say £10- to £50- members to decide on the exact amount to be given to him.Discloures/methodoly to be made known only to contributing members by way of personal e-mails.I have a second project also in mind and that is for him to write a little or big book on wild life photography. Let the members decide.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I therefore suggest a "financial kitty" of anything from say £10- to £50- members to decide on the exact amount to be given to him.
                      That is a very kind suggestion, but a very firm no thank you.

When I gave up photography as a business, one of the beauties is that I don't have to make a living from it, take briefs that I don't want to, or take photo's just because they will sell. And me being me, I couldn't earn just a little, it's either all or nothing. So now, I am just enjoying myself, photographing what I want ............ just because I want, with no thought of financial gain.

I also don't have to maintain a commercial advantage by keeping my settings, equipment, or methods to myself. If you want to know something, I am happy to answer .......... unless I don't like you!
                      Colin

Comment

These shots are quite fantastic!! The first one reminds me more of the 'Whirling Dirmish' dancers you see in Egypt
                        Andrew
                        Andrew

Comment

Colin - that's a great attitude.
                          Thanks

Comment

Colin, that did not surprise me you are a gentleman and this would only make this site more commercial than friendly when most of the members here have a day job and photography is only a hobby.

I hope i am on the good side on your books

Raj
                            Raj
                            Flickr

Comment

or should i say more active members than all members?
                              Raj
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X