Water (Tea actually) Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water (Tea actually) Art

My first posting of my water (tea actually) project. This is one image from approximatley eight hundred from today. I've adusted the white balance in LR4 with a crop and resize for posting here.
    There's quite a number of reflections floating about which may be leakage from around my DIY flash Gel or the environment I took the shot in.

C&C most welcome

Exif
    Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D' Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
    Aperture: f/16.0' Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200), ISO equiv: 800' White Balance: Auto' Flash Fired: Yes (Auto, return light detected)
    Copyright: Copyright: Mr P Stockton
    Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3 (Windows)
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Water (Tea actually) Art

Nicely done Peter, a very good crown.
    Colin

Comment

Very good Peter

Tom

Comment

Water (Tea actually) Art

Thanks for commenting Colin and Tom. I'm still finding my way around using the kit with its four controls. My defence as to why I have yet to get a useable collision image, Is with four control knobs plus the press to fire is too much like multitasking 😏
        Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Water (Tea actually) Art

Good capture Peter. I'm sure you'll master the five controls before long, it'll just click at some point.

Watch out for keeping the camera level (or adjusting it in post production)
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I'm still finding my way around using the kit with its four controls.
            Would you like me to do a separate thread detailing my methodology? I am sure the others will join in showing how they do it.
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
              Would you like me to do a separate thread detailing my methodology? I am sure the others will join in showing how they do it.
              Yes please

Nice shot Peter
              Last edited by crunch; 26-01-2013, 16:56.
              Chris
              Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Definitely Yes
                EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

My defence as to why I have yet to get a useable collision image, Is with four control knobs plus the press to fire is too much like multitasking
                  if you follow Joe's suggestion of starting with all the controls at the 10 o'clock position then, I found anyway, there is a good chance of seeing some sort of collision very quickly; you then experiment by moving just one of the controls by a minute amount at a time, start off with the camera delay button and everything then falls into place.

BTW I havent got a decent crown yet though

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Water (Tea actually) Art

Cheers everyone, I had hope to have a play again today but I got sidetracked. Hopefully I'll get chance tomorrow especially as I now have a replacement battery for my Youngewhatsit triggers.
                    Stan thanks for the tip about which control to play with.
                    Colin It would be great if you could start a thread about your settings.
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X