Mystic Maiden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystic Maiden

A friend and I spent a couple of hours spinning balls of burning wire wool around in a very dark and very old tunnel the other evening, and yes if you hit yourself with the ball of wire it is very very hot, don't ask how I know

I decided that I wanted to get a different feel for the shot so had a quick play, I know it is not perfect but does the idea work?

5D3, 24-105 @ 24mm, f11, 10 second, ISO 100, tripod, big wire whisk, bungycord, goggles, hat, thick coat and an idiot to spin it all

Re: Mystic Maiden

That's really good Ian, certainly an interesting project.

How did you get the girl in the Middle?

Regards Paul

Comment

An olde railway tunnel ??

Comment

Like it

and an idiot to spin it all
        who was that then

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
          That's really good Ian, certainly an interesting project.

How did you get the girl in the Middle?

Regards Paul
          it is amazing what layers and the eraser tool in CS6 can do. I merged the wire wool and a portrait

Comment

MX it was an old fort.

Stan I can't imagine, all I will say is it was 3 days before I got all the molten metal out of my elbow.

Comment

Interesting and different, just wonder how it would look if done outside in pitch dark, so that the sparks fly out into black, anyway I applaud you for setting this up and carrying it out.

Doug.
              Cameras... 7D, 350D
              Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
              Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Thanks Doug, we thought about trying it in the open but didn't want to risk the farmland, may try it outside when the crops have been harvested as you need quite a wide area, if I said the tunel we were in was nearly 25ft wide and the same high meant it was contained

Comment

Oh yes I like this, creative with excellent editing skills.
                  Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                  Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Now that was very creative, Ian. Did you use a flash at all, or just the long exposure? Anyway, really like the end results, but I don't think I'm brave enough to duplicate it.

Tom

Comment

I like that, a very interesting and unusual image.
                      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Thanks Les, Andy and Tom no I didn't use a flash at all, we had a small 64 LED video light set to absolute minimum power which was some 25ft away mainly to stop us falling over the rough floor and the rest was illuminated by the wire wooll burning

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                          ...we had a small 64 LED video light set to absolute minimum power which was some 25ft away mainly to stop us falling over the rough floor and the rest was illuminated by the wire wooll burning
                          Your a braver man than me Ian, to spin burning wire wool to get a image.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X