Hull Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hull Fair

I visited Hull Fair a few days ago - not for the rides, but to try to capture some of the colour, action and lighting. To be honest there's nothing I'm 100% happy with, but I'd like to share a few of what I think are the better ones.

_MG_3449.jpg by .Jock, on Flickr

_MG_3412.jpg by .Jock, on Flickr

_MG_3433.jpg by .Jock, on Flickr
    Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Re: Hull Fair

I quite like the composition in the first, and really like the motion and colours in the last,

Garry
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Like the last two Garry.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

3rd one for me

Tom

Comment

Your a brave man Jock so well done good job, I've tried to do some shots last year and its no place for a tripod with about 30,000 people milling around and as you'll know it always and i mean always rains

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

2 & 3 work for me, although having never tried it you've done well and its something I'll have to have a try at
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks everyone.

There were a few of us and we tended to stick together and watch each other's backs ... just in case.

Strangely enough Paul, it was a warm, dry night and the only hassle we got was from the security people! We were stopped four times by "jobsworths" and asked stupid questions like, "Are you taking long exposures?" and "Could you watch where you're setting up your tripod" and general stuff like that. The police on the other hand couldn't have been more helpful - they even offered a friend of mine the use of their podium so he could get some elevated shots!

Comment

Number one would have me running the other way. Like number three, can I suggest a touch of contrast to make the colours pop

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Di, No. 1 had his knife on a bungee - when he saw me lift the camera , he threw the knife ... all I can say it it's just as well I had it on a neck strap! Needless to say, I didn't get the photo!

I'm not a great one for post processing, so it never occurred to me to increase the contrast - I tried it and now I see what you mean though - thank you.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X