Interactive Panoramas and Virtual Tours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Panoramas and Virtual Tours

It's certainly a speciality subject, and quite different from a conventional panoramic photo, so I hope this is the right forum:

I'm using Canon equipment to create interactive panoramas and virtual tours - a 5D MkII, the brilliant EF 8-15mm f/4L and the EF 17-40mm f/4L (which may be replaced soon with the new 16-35mm f/4L).

A few of the waterway subjects might be known to EOS Magazine as they are all in the Oxford area. An overview of the panoramas online can be found here.

Focus stacking has been a very important (and time consuming) step in the creation of almost all the panoramas, to have the closest and the furthest point as sharp as possible.

One of the highlights, in my view, is Oxford's Lincoln College, especially the medieval Hall, which is a Gigapixel panorama - have a look around, zoom in on the paintings, stained glass windows, and the cutlery on the table).

The latest addition, for a Kent based client, is a Spitfire Mark IX, with a lot of interactive elements: Moving the mouse cursor over an area of interest will pop up an explanation and, when the item is out of view, a still photo. You can even virtually start the Merlin engine.

Re: Interactive Panoramas and Virtual Tours

Excellent Harold. Something similar to the sort of thing posted by Dr Jon in the panorama forum.

Very effective

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Thanks for that. Can spend a happy time scrolling round them.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

The Harry Potter fans might enjoy a virtual tour of Oxford's Lincoln College, especially the medieval Hall.

Zoom in on the paintings, the stained glass windows, and the cutlery and the glasses on the table!

It's a gigapixel panorama, and there is a lot to see and explore.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
        X