Veil Nebula - East, in Cygnus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veil Nebula - East, in Cygnus

Got set up in the garden with the intention of imaging M33. While that was above the neighbours lit up garden I decided to have a go at the Veil Neb. - East in Cygnus.
    The resulting image is 5 x 10min as cloud spoiled play...... (M33 will have to wait for another night) This is my 1st go at this and I am fairly pleased with it, next to do the West section then maybe a wee mosaic........

All other specs similar to earlier posts......

C&C welcome as usual folks.....

Gary
    Attached Files

Re: Veil Nebula - East, in Cygnus

Gary - very good. Have you shared (elsewhere) what equipment you use? I ask because I've a 4.5" reflector ... and fancy attaching a DSLR.

Comment

Hi MX5,
      Thanks for the kind words, I have listed on other images posted on this board my kit, but here is a quick run down...

Imaging scope - Orion 8" F4 Newtonian Astrograph
      Mount - Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro
      Guide Scope - William Optics ZS66
      Guide Camera - Meade DSI Pro
      Imaging Camera - Unmodded Canon 1000d
      Other bits of glass - Astronomik CLS Clip Filter (light pollution filter) Baader Multi purpose Coma Corrector + EOS T-Ring

You should get fairly good results with that scope if the mount is up to carrying the weight and can, worst case, track the sky, better if it can be guided.

Cheers,
      Gary

Comment

Hi Gary;

Once again; looks pretty damned impressive to me
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Yet another corker

Comment

I have only seen images like this in a planetarium. I thought that unless you had all the gear that these places have the sky at night was just twinkling stars and in between the stars just blackness. Unless you are in Australia where we have a big sky, lots of stars....and....The Southern Cross !!!

David
            David

Comment

Am pretty pleased, yesterday my April copy of Sky At Night Magazine landed on my door step, and my Veil Nebula pic has been published in the cover CD........ re kindled my waining astro imaging hobby, I just wish the clouds would, well you know, (big bad word) off! lol

Gary

Comment

Stunning Gary.

I always look forward to seeing your work ............... more please!

Colin
                Colin

Comment

I agree stunning.

Coda
                  There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by gary1968 View Post
                    Am pretty pleased, yesterday my April copy of Sky At Night Magazine landed on my door step, and my Veil Nebula pic has been published in the cover CD........ re kindled my waining astro imaging hobby, I just wish the clouds would, well you know, (big bad word) off! lol

Gary
                    Congratulations Gary!!
                    ef-r

Comment

Gary stunning picture very well done

Comment

congratulations on the pic being published, well deserved I'd say. great shots, please keep them coming!
                        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
                        X