After dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After dark

I took up an interest in moonlight photography after reading the article in the EOS magazine a couple of issues ago. This was my first attempt. It is a Devon cottage from the back garden. EOS40d, 10 - 20 Sigma lens at 10mm, ISO400, 30 sec exposure at f4.5. Focus was manually set at infinity. I used a tripod and cable release. The moon was just waning but almost full.

http://www.richrogers.photography

Re: After dark

You even got moon-shadow!

An excellent example of just how much data can be captured in an apparently 'dark' scene...

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I have tried a couple of these shots and it is amazing how much light is available, I must also say that yuor shots have turned out better than mine well done I like it a lot

Comment

Excellent, as CF and Muscat said it's amazing what detail can be captured.

Comment

Excellent. I really must have a go at this sometime, it produces such fascinating results.
          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Very nice.

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Nice shot, i must try this

Comment

I took some shots like this a while ago and it amazed me just how much detail you can get even though it appears pitch black with nothing there.
                Nice shot

David
                David

Comment

Working...
                X