Red Ball, Blue Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Ball, Blue Wall

I was very much take with this colour combination but, boy, did I have to some post processing to get it to look how my eyes saw it. The old eyeball/brain combo is really quite clever when it comes to processing what we see...

Red Ball, Blue Wall
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Nice colour combination, what was the issue with the original that required so much correction?

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Cheers Ian

The shot above corresponds pretty much with how it appeared to my Mk1 eyeballs (though I probably have boosted a bit beyond that) but in the shot out of camera the wall appears almost white. I think it's a combination of the exposure - set to accommodate both the sunlit wall and the shadowed background window - and the autowhite balance overcompensating for the blue and warmed the image up a bit too much.

This shot is a blend of two conversions; one with the white balance cooled slightly to give a more natural tones to the bleached wood and the red ball and a second with the white balance and exposure heavily corrected to render the wall as the powder blue it actually is. This was then followed by a bit of fiddling with contrast and saturation to get the final result.
      Nigel

Comment

Well all that work paid off Nigel - a good image!
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Works for me

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking and the positive comments, it's always nice when the fiddling pays off...
            Nigel

Comment

Working...
            X