Yep, still Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, still Autumn

It's not news that the weather has just been awful lately, especially up north!
    But the other day I was walking through a park near Bournemouth, where my partner and I have been staying for the last few weeks while she is on a training course, and I walked past this bench and I was reminded that even though the weather is awful, we're still in Autumn.

So I snapped a couple of pictures of this bench while getting some funny looks from nearby dog walkers etc, and overall I was happy with the outcome.

Canon 40d with sigma 18-55mm f3.5-5.6
    ISO 800 /
    1/100
    F3.5

IMG_2171 (2).jpg
    ​​​

I really like this unique point of view, a great idea and the stray leaves add to it.
    I think I’d have been tempted to look around a bit to see if I could find anything “special” in the end circle made by the curve of the arm rest as it’s a natural focusing spot for the viewer’s eye .
    More funny looks from dog walkers …..
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback.

I completely understand what youre saying, maybe something more autumnal in that area like some trees with matching colours or something. To keep with the theme?
      Its funny you say about the stray leaves because originally there was only a couple on it to start with. I picked a few up of the ground and added some more on as the first picture was basically just the bench.
      ​​
      I think if I'd of been the dog walker I would of been intruiged to ask what it was I was taking a picture of and shown them. But the funny looks do make me smile

Comment

Nice one , I like it. Agree with Bo perhaps you could have got the dog walking to position themselves in the end circle
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Excellent image, nice perspective.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
            Nice one , I like it. Agree with Bo perhaps you could have got the dog walking to position themselves in the end circle
            Thanks Trev, that would of been good idea actually! I can picture that in my mind now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
              Excellent image, nice perspective.
              Thanks Bill, really appreciate that

Comment

A typical photographers picture. Very well seen. I would definitely prefer to photograph it than sit on it!
                http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Nice piece of work and as others have said an image that a casual photographer is unlikely to see.

Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

I like the basic idea of this and think the leaves are an important element. Where I have a problem is that while it has excellent leading lines those lines lead to the out of focus part of the image. Bokeh is good when used properly but should be blurring the background to emphasise the subject and here, other than the leaves, a subject is missing.

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                      Nice piece of work and as others have said an image that a casual photographer is unlikely to see.
                      Thank you so much! That's really kind of you to say

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Sugden View Post
                        A typical photographers picture. Very well seen. I would definitely prefer to photograph it than sit on it!
                        Thanks Brian, I really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                          I like the basic idea of this and think the leaves are an important element. Where I have a problem is that while it has excellent leading lines those lines lead to the out of focus part of the image. Bokeh is good when used properly but should be blurring the background to emphasise the subject and here, other than the leaves, a subject is missing.

Cheers,
                          John
                          Thanks for your feedback John, I appreciate it. My aim with blurring out the background was because I wanted the bench and leaves to be the subject. I was trying to create a more abstract(ish) style of image. I was more interested in the textures and colours of the bench along with the leaves as well as the slight moisture on the bench than anything else. I do agree that the leading lines are strong and should probably be going somewhere in a standard image.

I will definitely take everybody's feedback and next time I have an opportunity for something like this I'll definitely be spending more time with it to have a subject in the background, and see how they turn out.

Comment

As above, a nice photographer’s shot….I look forward to seeing the version with dog walker within the framework of the end of the bench ….either within the depth of field or not, I think both would work.
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

You saw a potential shot and took it. I like it with or without any additional, interest in the end area. Well done!
                              Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X