Fireworks at New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireworks at New Year

I'm planing to shoot the fireworks at new years eve, I do that every year.
    I know what camera settings to use, however this year I was hoping to be able to use my EOS R but the self timer in it aint so workble.
    My old 77D at least had the ability to take 10 pics on timer setting.

Now I got the R7 and found out that it has the "intervall timer".
    So this gives me an idea of setting it to 1 sec and unlimited images (setting for images is 00).
    So if I set the camera to take 4 sec long image it will do this with 1 second apart, right?
    This way I do hope I'll get most of the fireworks on images.

So question is, would the intervall timer work as I think?
    Or is it better to use the timer option that takes 10 images, then I need to press the shutter again and it will start the timer again.

Photo of the last fireworks at our Fortress, they now moved it in to the city square.

IMG_0033 by Hå kan, on Flickr
    Hå kan | Flickr
    Cameras: EOS 77D, EOS R, EOS R7
    Lenses: RF 24-105 f/4, EF 100-400 is II usm, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8, EF-S 18-135 usm, EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 is II usm, Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 G2, Tamron 10-24 G2, Samyang RF MF 14mm f/2.8

Yes your'e thinking is correct at least on my R5, why not try it the pictures will be over exposed in daylight but just delete them, good luck with the weather and fireworks, I think the only way to stop taking pictures is to turn the camera off and this will disable the interval timer

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_H View Post
      Yes your'e thinking is correct at least on my R5, why not try it the pictures will be over exposed in daylight but just delete them, good luck with the weather and fireworks, I think the only way to stop taking pictures is to turn the camera off and this will disable the interval timer

Alan
      Yes I did do a test and it works as I thought!
      Now all we need is good weather
      Hå kan | Flickr
      Lenses: RF 24-105 f/4, EF 100-400 is II usm, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8, EF-S 18-135 usm, EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 is II usm, Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 G2, Tamron 10-24 G2, Samyang RF MF 14mm f/2.8

Comment

Used the intervall timer, but I recon it's better to use the self timer with 10 images, then you can at least control so everything is OK while your out shooting.
        Most images turned out OK, sorry to say it started raining just in time for the fireworks.
        Now we have to wait for a year til next time :)

Canon EOS R7 + RF 24-105 f/4 is usm
        5sec, F/8, iso100, 24mm

HappyNewYear2023 by Hå kan, on Flickr
        Hå kan | Flickr

Comment

Pity about the weather but that is a great effort

Alan

Comment

Rain or not that's a top shot...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Excellent photos, they look really nice.
              Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
                Excellent photos, they look really nice.
                Thanx Colin

//Håkan
                Hå kan | Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X