2022 Favourites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Favourites

As we celebrate the start of a new year it is inevitable that there is a reflection of the previous year.
    That made me think about the photos I have taken and which I thought was my best one, not necessarily in terms of photographic skill but which meant the most to me.

So here is the favourite photo of 2022. which I took.....drum roll please......Chichester Cathedral.
    it was purely by chance I was at the Cathedral on a clear day just as the sun was setting and the light (not fully captured in the image) was truly amazing as it hit the stone walls of the building. You had to be there to experience it.

When you think of the images you have taken, in 2022 (on your Canon camera) what is the one which means the most to you and why? I'd love to know.
    It may well have been one which was not submitted to this Forum.
    Rose

Chichester cathedral by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/187804138@N06/]Rose/url], on Flickr

One pic I like from this year is

Spots_EOR_6629 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

This picture of Victoria is unusual as she is almost smiling and looks rather naughty. A favourite portrait of her.
      Attached Files
      Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Having climbed up those yellow steps, wriggled into the passenger seat and experienced a flight in this aircraft, it has to be my favourite of the year!

Spitfire by John Liddle, on Flickr
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

For me I think it's got to be this one. It's not everyday you find such an obliging Nightjar roosting in the open and quite content in having it's picture taken.

1558 - Nightjar (M) 1481060522 - Copy by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

This is one of my favourites...

Seashore Cycles
            by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by Farider View Post
              One pic I like from this year is

Spots_EOR_6629 by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
              I love the detail (tiny spots to medium to large spots) and contrasting colours, can see why this is one of your favourite pics from 2022.
              Not one to look at the morning after the night before!!
              Rose

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
                This picture of Victoria is unusual as she is almost smiling and looks rather naughty. A favourite portrait of her.
                I like this portrait; the expression on Victoria's face is enigmatic. The eyes say it all.
                Rose

Comment

[QUOTE=John Liddle;n751045]Having climbed up those yellow steps, wriggled into the passenger seat and experienced a flight in this aircraft, it has to be my favourite of the year!

A fabulous experience for 2022, that must have been truly amazing and one you'll surely not forget - this great photo will instantly bring the memory back.
                  Rose

Comment

[QUOTE=Trev B;n751046]For me I think it's got to be this one. It's not everyday you find such an obliging Nightjar roosting in the open and quite content in having itspicture taken.

Super photo, can easily see why it is one of your 2022 standouts.; from my experience of trying and failing to take any decent bird photos it would take me a lifetime to get anything approaching this.
                    Rose

Comment

[QUOTE=El Sid;n751102]This is one of my favourites...

A lovely photo which tells a story and works so well in black & white, I don't think you would get the same atmosphere if it was viewed in colour.
                      It must have been a lovely day.
                      Rose

Comment

A big thank you to everyone for looking and being kind enough to post your favourite photos of 2022.
                        I can instantly see in each one why they mean so much to the photographer; they capture a moment in time and will bring back happy memories.

I hope everyone has enjoyed looking at this selection as much as I have.

May 2023 bring enjoyment in your photography, inspiring moments and the right lens at the right time!
                        Rose

Comment

Not to late for one more is it Rose? My favourite.
                          Pine martin. by David Miller, on Flickr

Comment

Some very nice images here, which I'm sure bring back good memories for those who took them. I've had quite a lean year photographically but this is one of my favourite images of my partner, Christine's German Shepherd 'Lucky' who is a very beautiful girl. In fact they both are.

http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

[QUOTE=Daisy M;n751157]Not to late for one more is it Rose? My favourite.

It is never too late David.

I think this is a super pic of a Pine Martin. You are very lucky firstly to see one in your garden and then to be able to take a photo which would definitely make this a favourite.
                              Hopefully they will be back (do they return to places they have been to previously?)
                              Rose.

Comment

Working...
                              X